1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Victory despite symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana-M, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Hello everyone,

I have some good news to report, thanks to all of your help! I’m feeling better, but my symptoms haven’t changed yet.

This week, I began to think more and more like nothing is wrong with me. I began to make plans for having fun. I left the house 4 times. These are my first trips out in 5 months.

My body clenched up so hard that I could barely walk to the door. I said, “thanks for the nice tight hug!” And then I smiled and laughed.

I went and got my hair done. (I looked like a wild unkempt person locked away in a tower!) I had to walk far in my walker to get into the hair place. I took my time. I looked at the beautiful sky. Smelled the fresh air. Admired the flowers. I didn’t berate myself that I was slow or worry who was looking at me. I didn’t judge myself. I allowed myself to feel happy.

Yes, my body feels weird right now. So what! I’m thinking up something else to do tomorrow. I mean, at the least, I have pretty hair now, and a life.

I hope this post gives someone else hope that they can feel better. Losing your life is what kills you. Taking it back feels awesome. Total healing will come. But now I feel like I could just keep doing this and life wouldn’t be so bad. And honestly, I walk as slow as a snail right now!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

That's wonderful to hear! This is exactly how we reverse the tms scenario. Never underestimate the power of a good hair day either! Walking out of the salon like Miss America lol!

tag24, Bjv, JanAtheCPA and 1 other person like this.
  3. Diana-M

Haha!!! So true!!!

miffybunny likes this.
  4. Booble

Booble Beloved Grand Eagle

I wish this forum had a big Heart Emoji!
    Well done, Diana.
    I especially like the part about thanking yourself for the hug. :)

Diana-M likes this.
  5. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

What a beautiful post! Congratulations, you won your first battle against your pain, and more victories will follow!

Diana-M likes this.
  6. Diana-M

Thank you so much for the awesome support! It helps so much! I take all of you with me in these battles.

7. ValkyrKai

ValkyrKai Peer Supporter

I’m a little late to this party but congratulations!

and your victory made me realize something:

my symptoms tend to get gradually worse on work days until I’m bending over like an old man(I’m 34) and I choose to stop a couple of time to rest on my walk home because of how intense they are.

usually, I’ll tell myself that I’m fine and remind myself that I’m not harming myself or causing any damage. But I’ve never stopped to really take in the fact that I made it through work. And I keep making it through work. And my symptoms basically reset the next day. It continues not to do any damage. And I think I’m going to start adding “you made it, again! Congratulations!” To my after work pep talk.

JanAtheCPA and Diana-M like this.
  8. Diana-M

Sorry you are bent over. That sucks!
    Great idea!!! It is crazy how it resets each day. Totally proves TMS. I’m not joking, try laughing at it. It helps me sometimes.

ValkyrKai likes this.