1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What has changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana-M, Aug 5, 2024.

1. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

In the past four months, I’ve been on this forum daily. For the simple reason: it keeps me sane.

What has changed for me?

My symptoms haven’t really improved all that much. They have gone up and down. The best: the edge came off the pain. The more extreme symptoms subsided from time to time. The worst: Sometimes the symptoms creep back up to where they were when I started.

My attitude has steadily improved. Overall, I maintain optimism. I definitely have clarity and very little doubt.

After trying a bunch of things, I know what works best for me so far: somatic tracking, journaling, getting mean people out of my life, meditating, trying to have fun despite symptoms, keeping my perspective, living in the moment. (Just because I know this doesn’t always mean I do it!)

I’m not afraid anymore.

I made a bunch of cool friends on this forum. And I’m incredibly indebted to them for changing my life forever! <3

I’ve read some amazing books on mind body healing.

I’ve become more spiritual in ways I never imagined.

I have hope.

I have no idea how long it will take to heal and I care less and less about it.

I know myself WAY better and I can be more honest with people. I can sometimes even say no to things.

I don’t care about achievements as much…or sometimes at all…anymore. I’m letting go of so many stressful thoughts.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2024
    MWsunin12, Ellen and Booble like this.
  2. Booble

Booble Beloved Grand Eagle

Nice going, Diana. It sounds like you are LIVING YOUR LIFE.

Diana-M likes this.
  3. Diana-M

Thanks, @Booble! Not a very exciting life, for now. But it’s a life.

4. Booble

Booble Beloved Grand Eagle

Hopefully you get a few laughs every once in awhile. :)

5. Diana-M

Yes, I really do get that. And I’m grateful! Thanks for all your encouragement and guidance. It’s been a tremendous help!

6. Diana-M

It’s really true, @william999! When I first started on this journey I was impressed how people talked about inner growth. But, I never dreamed how much would actually take place for me. I think of this as laying the critical foundation for one day—when it’s ready—my body relaxing and healing.