1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What you eat DOES make a difference - NPR article

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Jul 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

There is no one more dedicated to the mindfulness power of our TMS practices than me, BUT I also believe that if you don't feel good about how you are treating your body, you will not have the self-love that is required in order to heal. Which is why I exercise regularly, and I focus on a mostly whole-foods diet and strenuously avoid ultra-processed foods.

This is a fascinating article from NPR about a doctor who decided to temporarily abaondon his healthy diet and eat mostly ultra-processed foods to see what happened. It was not good.

The article explains the difference between processed foods and ultra-processed foods, and why UP foods are basically evil. For example, this doctor says that in his normal diet, he happily eats butter, which is a processed food - but he does not eat margarine, which is an ultra-processed food.

Ultra-processed food is a big part of the U.S. diet and can make people sick : Shots - Health News : NPR

Cactusflower likes this.