1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I find a TMS coach?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Itsallinyourhead, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Itsallinyourhead

Itsallinyourhead Newcomer

Using a TMS approach, I was able to become free of almost all my symptoms last summer, but when winter came around, my seasonal affective disorder through me right back into it.

My current therapist doesn't really understand or see the value in a mind body approach. Lately, it just seems I'm explaining how I do a mind body approach to him, without him looking deeper into it.

I've struggled with symptoms for 12 years and I'm desperate to find a way out.

Is there a good place to find coaches? Or see reviews they have? If you are a coach, please feel free to message me. Even someone to talk to who has gone through this before would be really nice. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Scroll down tmswiki.org page to find extensive lists of practitioners. This entire website is full of help, far beyond these forums. There are also two free self-guided programs. Coaches usually have websites that explain their approach and training. There is no place for reviews. Look at their website info, see if one or two resonate and ask for a 15 minute chat (most offer this) to get a first impression.
    I realize this can be hard when you are desperate but it’s a great first step in reclaiming your personal power over symptoms.
    Other resources are: the PPD Association (large lists of trained coaches and psychologists) SIRPA uk has lists, and Pain Reprocessing https://www.painreprocessingtherapy.com/ (Pain Reprocessing Therapy) also has lists of trained practitioners. Loads of resources!
    Remember everyone is here to support you!
    Good luck!

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I have to admit that the resources on tmswiki.org haven't been updated in years.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for being sensitive to this, @chris_mom. Just click on the member's username off to the left. In the popup box, next to My Story, click on "Start a Private Conversation".
    upload_2024-1-10_11-57-38.png

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024