1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Will listening to the audiobook generate the same effect as reading it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newlearner, Dec 22, 2023.

Tags:
  1. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

People say just journeying their way through the book causes them to get pain relief.

Does that work for listening to the audiobook, too?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I highly recommend listening to the audio by Dr. Weekes instead of reading the same book as it made all difference to me.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I found listening to Healing Back Pain helpful because it is narrated by Dr. Sarno. His voice is both soothing and authoritative--the voice of the Good Doctor himself.

TG957 likes this.
  4. Bonnard

Bonnard Well known member

I am a huge fan of audiobooks so I found listening to Dr. Sarno (and other TMS-related books) extremely helpful. However, they were supplements most of the time as I also needed the physical book(s) so I could control the pace, read short sections (and flip thru the book), and stop to reflect.

Be careful because the work is so personal and what works for someone else may come across very different for you. There's also the possibility of expectations getting in the way: 'This is supposed to work so why isn't it resonating with me?'

JanAtheCPA and Ellen like this.