1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Allund

Share This Page

Allund

Peer Supporter, Female, from Spain

Anxiety and dizziness came back full force last year after some good but stresfull years due to becoming a mother. Jul 21, 2022

• My Story

Everything started in 2008, that year I started to feel really bad, anxious, depressed, and I had intestinal problems as well. I decided to start a psychotherapy, and that is definitely the best thing I could have done. I have been able to understand lots of things, to really see how I work in the world and why, what are my fears since childhood. One of the things I discoverded was how deep I had repressed my anger, to the point that I did not even notice I was anger most of the times, and that emotion was converted into some physical symptom or response. It was not until this year that I found out about John E Sarno book. This last year has been really tough, anxiety coming back, new scary symptoms like vertigo and dizziness, and some of the old ones, PVCs, but above all: fear. Not to mention that I tried lots of alternative therapies as well: naturopathy, cranial sacral therapy, kinesiology, reiki, physiotherapy...
    I am totally convinced of the relationship between mind and body, as I have seen it in myself, and I am on my way to continue growing, to learn from these hard times.... I am also working on mindfulness and meditation,as it seems to me the next step after my psychotherapy.
    Hope to continue learning how to deal with pain and scary physical symptoms.
    Best luck to all of you
    1. Allund
      Allund
      Anxiety and dizziness came back full force last year after some good but stresfull years due to becoming a mother.
    2. Allund
      Allund
      Still on my way to really know myself, to be kind to myself and respect my own decisions, say no when I don't want to do something
      1. Simplicity likes this.
    3. Allund
      Allund
      I think feeling dizzy "allows" me to paralize my life until I am fine, so maybe I just need to take my own life responsability
      1. Moppy likes this.
    4. Allund
      Allund
      Currently still with some vertigo and dizziness problems, just trying not to be too scared of them.
  • My Story

Diagnoses:
    PVCs, vertigo, bruxism, anxiety
    Everything started in 2008, that year I started to feel really bad, anxious, depressed, and I had intestinal problems as well. I decided to start a psychotherapy, and that is definitely the best thing I could have done. I have been able to understand lots of things, to really see how I work in the world and why, what are my fears since childhood. One of the things I discoverded was how deep I had repressed my anger, to the point that I did not even notice I was anger most of the times, and that emotion was converted into some physical symptom or response. It was not until this year that I found out about John E Sarno book. This last year has been really tough, anxiety coming back, new scary symptoms like vertigo and dizziness, and some of the old ones, PVCs, but above all: fear. Not to mention that I tried lots of alternative therapies as well: naturopathy, cranial sacral therapy, kinesiology, reiki, physiotherapy...
    I am totally convinced of the relationship between mind and body, as I have seen it in myself, and I am on my way to continue growing, to learn from these hard times.... I am also working on mindfulness and meditation,as it seems to me the next step after my psychotherapy.
    Hope to continue learning how to deal with pain and scary physical symptoms.
    Best luck to all of you