1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Another great podcast from Nicole Sachs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Jul 11, 2023.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This one is Season 3, Episode 42, am interview and catch-up with one of Nicole's patients from 9/10 years ago, who had also seen Dr. Sarno sometime in the past. This woman was in a wheelchair at age 60 from plantar fasciitis along with many other issues, including possible autoimmune diagnoses (docs were trying to determine if it was lupus or RA) and completely recovered and has been recovered ever since - now age 70. There are some real gems in this episode (I know, I say that every time - but it's true). The list of physical issues that the guest suffered is impressive. Just listen to it!

Nicole J. Sachs, LCSW
    thecureforchronicpain.com.
    The podcast is The Cure For Chronic Pain With Nicole Sachs, available wherever you get your podcasts (or use the Audioboom links available from her website, under the Resources tab).

Cactusflower likes this.
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Just got through it!
    Love this one.
    I don’t always resonate with Nichole, but I resonate with Mouse (mostly. Laughing over back out; not there yet!)
    Definitely one for the folks who are having a drawn out recovery.
    For folks who are finding it hard to figure out a mindset change and don’t realize how much that is “being in your own head”.
    How easy it is to change your perfectionistic tms “do it all now and do it right” habits over time, to simply allowing things like journalling to happen.
    And a huge encouragement that we need to enjoy and live life, and that we can!
    Great one for folks who come mired in anger and resentment or wallowing in self-victimization -needing external validation. Mouse was there! Sometimes she goes back there but writes it out and learns to take responsibility for herself and be her self support!

3. anacoluthon33

anacoluthon33 Peer Supporter

These two have a great rapport over a long time knowing each other, and it's plain to see. Nicole often uses the "reservoir of rage" image to explain the workings of TMS (which I think she borrows from Sarno), but Mouse's fridge-analogy—that you need to clean out the old stinky cheese from the back drawer—is great, too.

What other than cheese would Mouse have in a fridge, anyways?

It's a great success story.

JanAtheCPA likes this.