1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New Program Day 20: Embracing Joy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Aug 2, 2017.

1. ChristopherB

ChristopherB New Member

Reread this post and a few things clicked. I have trouble sleeping. Even though I'm tired, my mind will wake me up to worry about things that aren't perfect (i.e. the way I'd prefer them to be). The perfectionism that is so common amongst TMSers can generate so much of the energy that fuels the pain, like Alan said. Pressure, urgency, and expectations... all self-imposed anguish. And why? Truly, so little of it matters in the long run. I think learning to let go of things needing to be perfect before I can be happy, and then pain free, is key to a better life. Knowing and doing it are two different things, but at least I'm aware of the first part.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

ChristopherB likes this.