1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by parker.299, Jul 23, 2023.

1. parker.299

parker.299 New Member

Hello everyone! After three years of struggling on my own has definitely been a very scary time, but I am so thankful to have found this forum! I feel a huge component to recovering from TMS is meeting others who have TMS and empathize with them and form a friendship! Currently, my symptoms have not improved since they started 3 years ago, but my relationship with them has. I definitely see it more as just a part of me and to be gentler with myself and that my body is trying to tell me something, rather than be reactive and angry that I am physically feeling that way. Some things I enjoy doing to help are meditation, journaling, and reading books that I am interested in! I have also found a therapist who specializes in pain near me, and had my first appointment with him last week which went super well! So, it is still extremely difficult and confusing a lot of the time, but at least as a whole it is getting better everyday and making me a stronger! But yes, please respond if you are interested in chatting more about anything TMS related, about your story, what you're doing now, how you're doing, etc. I would really love to hear about it and chat with you!!!!!

PS: If you would like to know about my story let me know and I will be happy to share, I didn't want to bombard the first message with lots of text haha

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Parker:
    If you go to your profile, there’s a place you can add your story if you like.
    We mostly discuss things here on the forums so that anyone can chime in.

welcome

JanAtheCPA likes this.