1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Long Covid sigh...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by waruwarui, Apr 25, 2024.

1. waruwarui

waruwarui New Member

I got covid the day after Christmas, felt just sick but I could do whatever I wanted while being confined to my house. Fast forward two weeks, covid free! A day later, unwell again... It's been almost 4 months and I have been more unwell. I am bed bound due to the severe SOB and chest pain. I have PPPD (which I know is tms, have been working on it for a year or so) and the dizziness had gotten worse. I have a lot of general body pain, a stuffy nose, irritated throat, non-productive cough, choking sensations with SOB, worsening anxiety and some vision problems. I never had asthma but I seem to be having asthma attacks and use inhalers. It's been pretty scary and isolating. I don't know if it's long covid or not due to the lung problems. Is it a stretch to call it TMS?

Feeling dreadful,
    waruwarui

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

waruwarui and TG957 like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I just did a Google search on "Nicole Sachs Long Covid" because I know for sure that Nicole believes that long Covid is a TMS equivalent. I remember hearing one of her podcast guests last year, describing his long Covid recovery after he discovered Nicole and her work. It was yet another remarkable story of recovery from horrifyingly disabling symptoms. In my list of results he's "Gary" but clearly there are also others.

I don't know if the URL for my search is reproducible, but I pasted the link below, just in case. Or just put those four words into Google and you'll get the same hits.

It looks like Nicole has been interviewed by other TMS luminaries on this particular topic so there's plenty for you to peruse.

Good luck!

https://www.google.com/search?q=nicole+sachs+long+covid&oq=Nicole+Sachs+long+covid&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgAEAAYgAQyBwgAEAAYgAQyCggBEAAYgAQYogQyCggCEAAYgAQYogQyCggDEAAYgAQYogTSAQkxMTExNGowajSoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8 (nicole sachs long covid - Google Search)

waruwarui likes this.
  4. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Hi @waruwarui,

What a terrible feeling! I have been on this same downward spiral. Once you get stuck in bed, you start to lose muscle and then it’s even harder to get around. I had COVID in Dec. and coughed for 2 months. After that, I could barely get around without a walker. I believe I have TMS and probably also some weak glute muscles. Your symptoms all sound like TMS. Once you get afraid, things only get worse. The fear feeds all of it. A number of years ago I had asthma for the one and only time in my life. It was during a stressful period. It went away and never came back. You are in the right place. Hunker down and study up. Take the classes and fight back. We can follow where others have gone and get out of this.

waruwarui and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

One of the first TMS-style recovery accounts from long covid came from Dr. Paul Garner. I believe it was posted here on this forum, and I recommend to look for more postings here on the subject:

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/01/25/paul-garner-on-his-recovery-from-long-covid/ (Paul Garner: on his recovery from long covid - The BMJ)

My lay person's thoughts on the subject: covid does tend to affect nervous system and cause chronic fatigue, which could be explained by a big shock to the system it creates. But then your mindbody goes into the overprotective mode and gets stuck in it, similar to what happens with other viral infections like Epstein-Barr. The only way out is to convince your mind that you are already safe and it doesn't need to send you signals of emergency, which those symptoms often are.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  6. waruwarui

waruwarui New Member

7. waruwarui

waruwarui New Member

Yes! I listened to this story and it was great.

8. waruwarui

waruwarui New Member

Oof.... I feel you on the leg muscles, my calves burn just from walking to the bathroom! Thank you for the advice :)

9. waruwarui

waruwarui New Member

I saw the video format of his story! He really gave me hope since a lot of doctors don't know or don't have first hand experience with this.

TG957 likes this.