1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

MECFS, recovery time after exercise

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by music321, Dec 26, 2023.

1. music321

music321 Well known member

Hello, I’m a longtime member. I haven’t posted in quite a while because I’ve been in particularly bad shape. I’m actually posting with some of his help right now. I have MECFS, and one of my primary problems is a lack of strength. If I do more endurance related activities, such as walking, etc., I am told that one should have sufficient strength to do the same the next day. If one does heavy exercises, such as lifting weights, I am told that one should recover after at most 72 hours. This is the opinion of two, very highly regarded TMS doctors, both of whom interacted with Dr. Sarno when he was alive. I know of someone else that experiences this lack of recovery also. The TMS doctor says that this lack of recovery is simply a TMS construct. Most people in the MECFS community, and this issue from a TMS perspective, Are of the opinion that there is energy depletion, and various other biochemical reasons why energy is not returning. Considering the immense stature in the field of the former people in their opinion, I would like to think that they are correct in their interpretation of all of this. But the fact of the matter is, I am still left with profound weakness, and no amount of calming myself, reassurance, etc. seems to touch the problem. Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I am not going to argue with the above-mentioned TMS doctors about the 72 hour time interval, but from my own experience overcoming chronic fatigue as part of my CRPS recovery, there is more to it than time interval. I learned that any definitive limits don't work with TMS. Once you know about 72 hours, your subconscious is ready to sabotage you based on this time frame. Once you decide to reach a certain milestone in a month or a week, your subconscious is ready to prove it's point to you. At least that's what mine did, many times. Until I slowly learned to live without rigidly defined set of goals, or what Sarno calls outcome independently. It is a concept easy to grasp intellectually, but extremely hard to live by. I hope this helps.

Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.