1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Newby from Brazil

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by GirlFromBrazil, Jan 29, 2024.

1. GirlFromBrazil

GirlFromBrazil Newcomer

Hey guys!
    My name is Débora, I'm from Brazil and I just created my account here on the forum/wiki.
    Even though I'm new here, I've been on the healing journey for a while now.
    My current symptoms include pain, fatigue and depression.

I read two books by Dr Sarno, one by Alan Gordon and I follow Dan Buglio's YouTube channel (I also participated in his coaching group for two months). For me, Dan's theory is the simplest and the one that made the most sense to me. I have had great results in my symptoms and in my life in general.

I can say that I'm much better, maybe 50%, and I managed to eliminate the pain in some places, in addition to no longer having gastrointestinal symptoms or trouble sleeping.

My dream is to be able to help people with TMS here in Brazil. I don't know if professionally or just sharing knowledge as a patient. I've been wanting to do this for months, but as I haven't completely improved yet, I don't have the courage to expose myself publicly. I think that's one of the reasons why I'm feeling depressed (I'm not doing what I really want).

From what I understand, this site is only available in English, correct?
    What do you think would be the best way for me to disseminate theories about TMS here in Brazil, in Portuguese, anonymously?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello Débora and welcome to the forum! Yes, it's unfortunate that this site is only in English. It's a labor of love that is maintained and financially supported by just one person, @Forest, who founded the wiki and forum in 2009 in honor of Dr Sarno, thus it is unique.

To see an example of folks trying to offer content here in other languages, check out the profile of @ChronicVince who is French. You can also see some of his postings from there. He started a TMS Facebook group in French, the link is in his profile or maybe one of his posts, so you could check that out to see how many members it has. You could also try PMing him for pointers since you can both communicate in English. Another member who sometimes posts in French is @SEB T F 59.

We don't mind if someone uses our forum to communicate with others in another language, and people have done that before, but it doesn't seem to last long. It's fine to use our forum to point to free TMS-support alternatives like a Facebook group - it just can not be used to promote any paid services.

Feel free to post an introduction in Portuguese and see if people respond! A short introduction in English would help other users understand that you're specifically trying to attract Portuguese speakers.

Good luck!

GirlFromBrazil likes this.
  3. GirlFromBrazil

GirlFromBrazil Newcomer

@JanAtheCPA thank you so much for answering me! I really appreciate your attention and suggestions! Xoxo

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. ChronicVince

ChronicVince Peer Supporter

Hi and welcome @GirlFromBrazil
    I know it's very different, but do you also understand spanish by chance ?

5. GirlFromBrazil

GirlFromBrazil Newcomer

@ChronicVince thank you! unfortunately no, just the basics (one year of study at school and TV shows made me understand it a bit, but I can't talk/write).

6. ChronicVince

ChronicVince Peer Supporter

Ok, sorry then. I do not have ideas for portuguese...
    Except Google Translate ^^.
    If I see some ressources in your langage one day, I let you know.