1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

UNPLUG YOUR COMPUTER & READ JOHN SARNO'S BOOKS

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Michael Coutts, Mar 21, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Michael Coutts

Michael Coutts Peer Supporter

Has everybody on this website read John Sarno's books: Healing Back Pain, The Mindbody Prescription, and The Divided Mind?

Is that why everybody has arrived to TMS wiki, because they have studied and studied Sarno's books and put his methods into practice and are experiencing great healing because of his incredible insights?

I hope that that is the first thing that anybody learning about Mindbody and TMS is doing. Reading Sarno's books. Understanding why they are a TMS personality. Understanding that the rage that they have been burying for their whole lives is there, real and raw, in the subconscious, stewing away in their Reservoir of Rage.

I hope that they totally understand that their brains are giving them genuine horrible physical and agonizingly painful symptoms of all sorts as a distraction from their buried rage.

I hope that they have been reading and understanding that they have been conditioning themselves to experience pain and symptoms through what they have been telling to their subconscious.

I hope that they understand that to heal from their terrible symptoms, that they need turn their backs on everything that they have ever believed was actually causing their pain and symptoms. I hope that they understand that they need to return to all physical activity, because there is nothing wrong with their bodies. I hope that they understand that they need to stop with physical therapies and special diets and so on as these will only perpetuate the brain's distractions.

I hope that they understand that they need to talk to their brains and let their brains know that they get it that they are totally enraged about all of the times that they have been victimized and inconvenienced and put out throughout their whole lives and now in the present. They need to talk to their brains and say 'Brain, I get it, I'm totally and utterly PISSED AND ENRAGED! DON'T GIVE ME PAIN, BRAIN!'

If anybody here on this website hasn't read and understood all of what Sarno has written- thoroughly understood through reading and educating, then they need to turn off the computer, and stay off of these websites and really learn what Sarno has said.

Sarno is the one who developed the program and who has healed thousands and possible millions of people.

It is important to read his books completely because who knows what are the most important points for you. If you have only read a summary of his books- like I have written above, or is written all throughout this website and others like it- you may miss the details that set off the lightbulb in your brain.

Once you have thoroughly read and understood his methods, and have been putting them into practice- then it can probably be safe to go out and read what other people are writing or saying about Mindbody and TMS. You can then interpret what anybody else is saying or writing through the Sarno lens.

This is very important.

If somebody else can do it, then so can you. A wise friend shared this with me.
    This can be a type of work or lifestyle or skill.

If so many others heal using Sarno's methods, then so can you. This is probably easier said than done. Really though, if you doubt at all that Sarno's methods won't work for you, then they won't work for you.

When you understand, through reading his books, that this is for you- then this is for you.

Happy Healing

2. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

@Michael Coutts,

Thanks for sharing your wisdom here and your success story. What a story! I can’t believe you lived through all that and kept a happy heart and healed. Very inspiring! Thanks, again!