1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Year-end donations to your TMS nonprofit

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Everyone,

Before 2012 comes to a close, I wanted to let you all know that the PPD/TMS Peer Network has achieved its goal of becoming a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit! This means that we are now accepting financial donations that, due to our status as a public charity, are tax-deductible.

Donations to the PTPN can help us maintain and improve existing programs, and will help us fund new projects. These include upgrading our chatroom software, covering server costs for our websites, and training our administrators, among others.

If you would like to donate to the PTPN, please mail your check to the following address:

The PPD/TMS Peer Network​
    PO Box 1422​
    Brookline, MA 02446​

And, if you want your donation to be used for a specific purpose, let us know.

Happy Holidays, all!

Best
    Forest

Jilly and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Is there a way to donate online with Paypal?

3. Forest

Hi Veronica,

Paypal donations will be set up soon, but not by the end of the year. Collecting donations via a post office box feels safer than doing it online, and we want to take the time to make sure that everything is set up correctly before we open that up.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I've been waiting for the day, Forest - look for mine in the mail - Hooray!!!

Forest likes this.
  5. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Forest,

What is the best way for people without US checking accounts?
    Thanks, Terry

Forest likes this.
  6. Forest

Wow, folks, it's so great to read of your enthusiasm! On behalf of the entire team, let me say that we all really do appreciate your support.

Terry, in terms of making a donation from outside of the US, we will have our PayPal account up soon, and that will work very well for international contributions. If, for tax reasons, you need to make the donation in 2012, let me know and I'll send you the PayPal information individually. Otherwise, I expect the page to be up in January. Does that work?

eric watson likes this.
  7. tarala

tarala Well known member

PayPal would be terrific, thanks Forest.

8. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I so appreciate TMS Wiki and the staff that helps all of us, I will be contributing ! Thank You !

eric watson and Forest like this.
  9. Michael Reinvented

Michael Reinvented Peer Supporter

Hi Forest

Congrats on the goal achieved. Surely this will significantly expand the waves of healing.

I am keen to contribute. Imagine the scope if every TMS wiki beneficiary opted to donate just 10% of what they had previously ploughed into Physical therapies for chronic pain??

PayPal is the answer for your international supporters. Any news?

Michael

eric watson, Forest and Jilly like this.
  10. spiralgirl1

spiralgirl1 Peer Supporter

I too am so grateful for this wonderful information rich and supportive wiki..
    Very happy to contribute something financially but will have to wait for the PayPal set up..
    :)

eric watson, Forest and Jilly like this.
  11. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

Just saw this and would love to contribute. After I heal myself, my plan is to go out and help others to heal, but for now, this will have to do. :)

eric watson and Forest like this.
  12. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Forest,

I've had a go at an international Paypal donation, but so far no luck. It might be the telephone number is a problem, I'm not sure. I only tried the credit card bit though, not the donation through a Paypal account (don't have one). I'll sign up and see if this can solve the problem.

eric watson likes this.
  13. Forest

I just wanted to thank everyone for their incredibly generous donations. It means a tremendous amount to me to be surrounded by such a wonderful group that shares the same dream that I do of a supportive community that brings about real change by raising awareness of this very treatable condition.

Getting back to the work at hand....
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Our organization is very international, so it is something that we will need to fix. Can you tell me the last step of the donation process that you are able to complete successfully and also describe the error that you get?

In last night's leadership teleconference, we demonstrated our prototype PayPal page. It's the same page that I sent Tarala earlier via personal message. We haven't finished drafting the language or working on the design, but I've tested it with my own credit card and it works very well for domestic donors. It can be found at the following address:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/donate.html

For security reasons, you shouldn't donate using PayPal except through the above address. The content of the page will change, but if your browser's address bar says http://www.tmswiki.org/donate.html then you know you are in the right place. Just go there, click the orange "Donate" button, and you will be transferred to PayPal's secure donation page.

eric watson likes this.
  14. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi again, I think I've succeeded using a Paypal account rather than credit card. However it doesn't seem to have been debited from my account yet, so I guess I'll just keep an eye on it. Hope that contribution is winging it's way to you:D

eric watson likes this.
  15. Forest

I just checked and it's already in the Peer Network's PayPal account. Thank you for your generous donation!

eric watson likes this.
  16. tarala

tarala Well known member

17. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

forest im on board my friend-tms wiki has helped me get my life back ,count me in
    ill be sending a money order soon-thanks again forest for all your hard work-god-bless

Forest likes this.
  18. Forest

Thank you, Eric!

I just want to say that I feel honored to be part of such a generous and giving group of people. Not only do you share your perspectives, your wisdom, and your support on the forum and in the chat, but you are also helping us fund our programs, the actual infrastructure that makes it all tick. All of your contributions are very gratefully appreciated.

For US taxpayers who itemize deductions on their taxes, we will be sending out the proper receipts within a week or two. Many thanks to JanAtheCPA who helped us with this during the last teleconference. We have also started using a software program called DonorPerfect to track donations over time. Many thanks to Chuck, our treasurer, for working on that. The next leadership teleconference is on February 5, and perhaps we can discuss budgeting and setting aside a reserve at that point.

Forest

JanAtheCPA, eric watson and Jilly like this.
  19. Pandamonium

Pandamonium Well known member

Hey Forest, I just sent a donation. Keep up the good work ;)

Forest and eric watson like this.
  20. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

hello pandamonium-glad to see you here-were both blonde ,hope alls well,or getting well
    i looked at some of your story this morning-intriging-
    this is where the heart is-thanks for being a partner with the team