1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
Beginning to think that neuropathy is the new back pain
I was convinced I had small fiber neuropathy; I don't. My profile has a comprehensive list of the symptoms I experienced - they were all TMS. This is 100% fixable!

Regardless of whether one has true nerve damage or not, one can retrain their brain to stop accepting continuous pain signals. Neuroplasticity techniques have successfully rid neuropathy patients of their pain, as detailed here: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/training-the-brain-to-beat-pain/news-story/45ad7b7daaaf3c4bbbab6c76b0190ac7 (Nocookies)

This article mentions chronic low-back pain from nerve injury and inflammatory damage, diabetic neuropathy, some cancer pain, abdominal pain, neck degeneration pain, amputation, trauma to the brain and spinal cord, pelvic floor pain, inflammatory bowel, irritable bowel, bladder pain, arthritis, lupus, trigeminal neuralgia, multiple sclerosis pain, post-infectious pain, nerve injuries, neuropathic pain, some central pain, phantom limb pain, degenerative disc disease, pain from failed back surgery and pain from nerve root injury, etc. Personally, I have hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos which causes all types of symptoms, and I can tell you that 95%+ of them are worsened by powerful emotions.

There's nothing to lose - structural or not! Additionally, my profile touches on the techniques that successfully rid me on my pain. Just remember that your pain doesn't have to be permanent, and it can go away. Don't be afraid, don't get hung up on what happened in your past, and live your life as peacefully as possible. Our bodies are designed to heal, but they also respond to the emotions we're experiencing right now. You said your pain has periods where it's not as significant - take this as a sign that your body is simply responding to you. Tell it that you're ready for peace.