1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Alan G. Is IBS a lifelong condition?
Hello Alan,
thank you very match for your explanations. Now I can understand my IBS much better. I also read your TMS recovery program, which gave me some very good hints (I made my evidence sheet).
When you seek advice for IBS you are told: eat carefully, not too heavy, small portions, ... So when my bowels cramped and my abdomen was bloated I automatically connected it with the intake of food. As a result I ate more and more cautiously, I lost weight (now at BMI 17,5), but the symptoms increased. I slept bad and little. I was desperate.
Four weeks ago I took part in a meditation retreat. What I found out: during this week my bowels acted quite differently, more healthy. This was a sign!
That day I felt: when IBS is really psychosomatic (= TMS), the food is irrelevant!!! I started to eat more and heavier food, and I felt my fear when preparing and eating my food. First days were hard, now it is easier. My symptoms decreased a bit. I am gaining weight, but still do I fear to eat heavy meals and so far avoid some food. On the other hand I try to eat very delicious meals.
Furthermore I take some medication again bloating. But should'nt I drop it?