Recent content by Alysa

  1. Alysa

    Pelvic Pain....Need some encouragement.

    I saw a PT for a week while out of town on vacation. I live in the middle of nowhere so PT isn't even an option until my daughter is done nursing and I can get a little farther from home. Just TMS work right now but I'm still having some trouble accepting that my mind did this. It is torture...
  2. Alysa

    Pelvic Pain....Need some encouragement.

    Levator Ani. Still trying to figure out what helps and where to begin!
  3. Alysa

    Pelvic Pain....Need some encouragement.

    Miss Shamrocks, I'm rooting for you. Please let me know when you overcome. I've also been told my pelvic muscles are two to three times tighter than they "should be". It makes restroom visits diffucult and a source of stress. Have you tried yoga? I found it helps when I'm able to do it. As I am...
  4. Alysa

    New Here...Suspect TMS for Pelvic Floor Issue

    I am completely floored to be reading this right now. I thought I was completely alone in the world. I have also read a Headache in the Pelvis as well as Amy Stein's Healing Pelvic Pain. I almost went to Dr. Wise's clinic (the things pelvic floor dysfunction will make you do....) and I followed...
  5. Alysa

    Treat Stress Related Pelvic Pain physically. Wait, what?!

    What is there to do with the remaining overly toned and dysfunctional muscles? Should they eventually weaken to a normal state by following TMS treatment?
  6. Alysa

    New here- healed once before, but need encouragement on this "new problem"

    Wow. After nearly eight months of every doctor in the area plus some outside the area, as well as some very invasive and degrading tests...alas I have found this. This is the BEST advice. What a love filled, compassionate community of TMSers.
  7. Alysa

    Treat Stress Related Pelvic Pain physically. Wait, what?!

    I spoke to this man on the phone a few weeks ago. He was very rude and it was incredibly disheartening. After reading his book and believing my pelvic floor was ruined, I found this. I am beginning to believe it is TMS. He insisted I drop everything and fly across the country to see him and pay...
  8. Alysa

    vulvodynia...looking for reassurance

    I am dealing with something that seems to be identical. I am curious if anyone ever came to a resolution on these issues or have they improved?
  9. Alysa

    Pelvic Pain- the latest fad?

    I am entirely new to TMS. I was recently told I have Pelvic Floor Dysfunction....I've had a colonoscopy, ultrasound, MRI, CT scan, defacography (dont ask) and wayyyyy too many pelvic exams. My symptoms started a few months after my daughter and I both almost died and she was born 10 weeks early...
Back
Top