Recent content by jessedas

  1. jessedas

    Psychological Issues in IBD and Whole30

    Not to mention this just below, from the same source under 5.2: Some studies have shown alexithymia to be another common personality characteristic in IBD patients. Patients with alexithymia have difficulty in recognizing and verbalizing emotions, and their ability to regulate emotions and...
  2. jessedas

    Psychological Issues in IBD and Whole30

    From this source 5.1. Neuroticism and Perfectionism In IBD patients, the commonest personality trait is reported to be neuroticism [17, 43, 44]; furthermore, high neuroticism scores appear to reduce psychological wellbeing, psychological adjustment, and quality of life in patients with IBD [44...
  3. jessedas

    Deception (Ozanich) & Progress/Struggles

    Thanks everyone for your responses! This is giving me a lot to think about. You've answered my questions quite well. Specifically, the idea of golf was fearful for Steve and thus the higher trigger for pain. My triggers are just different. How does one deal with the fear though? I'll admit...
  4. jessedas

    Deception (Ozanich) & Progress/Struggles

    Hi Andy, First, thank you for the reply! I'll do my best to try and word my question better. From what I've gathered, hearing Steve's story, he beat TMS by doing the activities that caused him pain. Most of which (if I'm not mistaken) are exercise related, like golfing that he keeps mentioning...
  5. jessedas

    Deception (Ozanich) & Progress/Struggles

    Hi guys, It's been some time since I've posted, so I wanted to revisit. In the summer of 2014 I did the Structured Educational Program. I've also seen a therapist this year for about 10 months now (clinical psychology). So I've been at this for awhile. The pain has been manageable but not...
  6. jessedas

    Day 1 New Member

    This post is soo useful! I've been looking into leaky gut, GAPs diet etc. I've been intolerant of Milk/diary since around age 13/14, then later in my early twenties I became intolerant to gluten, soy, and eggs. It just keeps getting worse. Age 13 is when my parents divorced, I'm just now making...
  7. jessedas

    The Real You- Alan Watts

    Thanks for the info Walt! I've been listening to a bit of Alan Watts as of late, he is, if nothing more, poetic and fun to listen to in my opinion. The ideas expressed I do find fascinating, and as Aristotle pointed out "It is the mark of an educated man to entertain a thought without accepting...
Back
Top