1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

'Accept this moment as if you had chosen it'...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by BloodMoon, Aug 12, 2020.

1. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

"Accept this moment as if you had chosen it" ~ Eckhart Tolle

Just thought I'd share this as it's a 'trick' that's helping me cope with some situations that I would rather not be in and handle things that I would rather not be having to deal with. I didn't think it would work as my view was that all you're doing is trying to fool yourself, but I've discovered that my brain/mind (at least) is somewhat easily fooled!:confused:

Baseball65 likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have been working on this since I first read it about ten years ago. The better I have gotten bringing it in to the different parts of my life (which aren't really separated) the easier and quieter it has been to function through the tougher times....and it makes the easy times spacious wonderful gifts to enjoy.

My old story went "This should not be happening because....." . I still hear that story from my 5 year old (Ego). But now we talk and I say "Why? Why should this NOT be happening to you?"

that query usually puts the resistance to rest.... Love this post!

BloodMoon likes this.
  3. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

I’ve read and been told maybe a million times that the mind and body don’t know the difference between a thought you invest yourself in and an activity you experience.

Does everyone feel super skeptical that that is not an apples to apples comparison?

Eventually this was a reality I could see. Not something to forget. That realization has been very beneficial.