1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Are there any bloodtests that are useful for TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by learningmore, Jan 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

RBC Magnesium? D? etc.?

Phrased differently, are there any blood tests that should be ordered to facilitate healing? Like, you won't show structural issues with certain problems, but maybe something is slowing your cognitive healing?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

The answer is NO!!!!!

I have a funny story about magnesium test. I had dystonia (muscle contraction) as one of my symptoms. At some point, I started experiencing severe cramps. Read up on it, learned that low magnesium can cause cramps, had my doctor order the test for me. By the time the test result came back (normal!), my cramps were gone.

TMS is not about cognitive, it is about emotional. Do the work and stop overthinking it! Good luck!

Cactusflower and miffybunny like this.