1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Benign Fasciculation Syndrome and TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Joe Boast, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I haven't had this symptom, so can't respond. Perhaps someone who has had this symptom will post a reply.

You may want to start a new thread with your questions in the Support Subforum. It may get noticed more there.

Best wishes.....

2. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

i have good and bad days with my twitching as well. I have tried several types of supplements but none have appeared to have any real effect on reducing my symptoms.

3. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

I started twitching after a unexplained health episode where I had right forehead pressure and nausea for several weeks and it went away then facial numbness in the same are then it subsided but came back the numbness then after that I started twitching all over Literally all over then searched online went panic mode. Went to Mayo Clinic had every test imaginable paid thousands went back for emg repeat emg and still don't feel reassured Still scared. The twitching lasts 24/7 and I can see it sometimes then other times no. One on top of my foot lasted a week and I felt like my foot and leg was weak afterwards but can still walk and light exercise. So I still panic think I am going to have something terrible. The three letter word. I can't even say it or spell it because the panic is so bad. My life is a nightmare. Did your twitches go away? How do you deal with it?

4. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

How are you doing with the BFS now?

5. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

I have the same things you described started three months ago. It seems the longer it goes on the worse I get. I am in full panic mode. Had all the same tests doctors said BFS. I think I made my neurologist mad because I wouldn't accept that as explanation.

6. Jax7722

Jax7722 New Member

I'm doing so so! Have my good day and bad. I just joined a group on Facebook BFS recovery. This seems to help

7. Jax7722

Jax7722 New Member

I've not had an EMG yet. Have it May 12 scared as heck. The twitches have slowed down but still bother me.

8. Jax7722

Jax7722 New Member

If you've had 2 EMG's you should be fine.

9. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

I wish it was that simple. Even with the two emg I still have the fear. I hope your emg is normal and you stop twitching. I really understand how you feel. You said yours slowed down? How do they feel and do you see them or just feel them?

10. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

I even get a twitch on my back and abdomen chest thigh foot hand Literally everywhere. I have had all tests and doctor says BFS. I made the mistake of really researching the worst disease and it really put the fear in me because of how much they stil don't know about detection and there is no cure So I flipped. I wish I never looked it up. Hope you get better soon and let me know about the emg.

11. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

I had low vitamin d been on D2 for months with no change so I don't think they have anything to do with twitching. So unless doctor does labs and puts you in it I wouldn't waste my money. I hope you are ok and if you get a miracle cure please post asap!

12. Jax7722

Jax7722 New Member

Try D3 and Magnisium 500mg see if that helps. Also try to breath and relax. Worrying makes it worse believe me. Mine seem to be worse in the morning when I wake up for some reason.

mdh157 likes this.
  13. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

Angela,
    I'm almost 29 months into my twitching along with some other odd symptoms. Still the same, some days worse than others but I have gotten my anxiety in check about 3/4 of the time. At this point I should be way past the worrying but there is anxiety on both sides on my family.

14. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

When I first stretch in the morning I twitch more too. They don't go away rest of day but I have started worrying about my mouth because I can see it on my tongue sometimes when I look. Have you noticed any on your tongue?

15. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

Thank you for responding. How do you get the anxiety down? I haven't twitched as long as you only 3 months. Do you have them all over still?

16. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I have not noticed any on my tongue. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT GOOGLE any more.......trust me, it will not help you. I do have them all over but sometimes they stay in one general area (leg, arm, etc) for a while before moving. Try taking some magnesium and/or inositol, it may calm you. The biggest help with the whole thing has been time passing with it not getting any worse. Everyone (wife, doctor, family, etc) has been saying from the get-go that I am worrying for nothing, and so far they have been right!

If your doctor has said BFS, believe him/her. If you cannot get the anxiety under control you may want to try CBT........you may very well be holding some garbage in that you need to address.

17. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

Trying to follow therapist advise to get back into life one step at a time each week what can I accomplish and so on.

18. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

yup.......I also figured out that I was running way too much and I have since made adjustments - all this stuff isn't worth our health.

19. AngelaFlorida

AngelaFlorida New Member

The part that is upsetting too is the neurologist sometimes think your crazy when you tell them how afraid you are. Then your labeled as having anxiety problems then they send you to get meds. I don't want those but just to know I will be ok.

20. Grookster

Grookster Newcomer

Have things gotten better for you?

I have been dealing with muscle twitching for a year and a half. Anxiety medication did help some but the twitching hasn't stopped. I've had just about every muscle twitch at some point. Currently it's my chin and nose. It's embarrassing because you can see it. I just found this site and I'm hoping the information here will be helpful. I was about in tears reading the comments. It's a lonely feeling when you have these symptoms and nobody takes it seriously.