1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Pain News!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Beach-Girl, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hey Guys!

I had a giant leap forward yesterday. My confidence in the diagnosis - confirmed. The walk on the beach was just short of a mile. I'm working harder on our life issues than I have in months. And still...wanted to share this with you. (Might have to tilt your head to one side for a bit to view this. Forest says it will turn soon.)

BG

2. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Good to see your smiling face!! Yay, about the walk on the Beach. You go girl :)

Livvy ~

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hooray! YES! It can, and will happen,because you never lost faith!

Can'twait to hear more,

J

4. dabatross

dabatross Well known member

great to hear beach girl what have you been working on lately to treat TMS?

5. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

6. spiralgirl1

spiralgirl1 Peer Supporter

That is fantastic.. well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. and what a beautiful looking beach to be able to walk on.. :)

7. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

Congratulations, BG! That is fantastic!!! I'm very happy for you! :D

8. Beach-Girl

Thank you everyone:

It was fear that had me unable to take this walk. Zeke and I go to this beach all the time. But that morning, I realized it was time to try. I was a little sore since I've been too busy to get to the beach - but I knew for sure after the walk I have TMS.

Daba - I have simply waited for courage to conquer the fear. So, I gave it a go. I am still in pain, but simply knowing I can do this cinches the deal. It's truly TMS. Plus the talk with Alan helped. And my therapist listened to the whole pod-cast. She is now truly on board and we're going in a new direction with my anxiety issues

BG

9. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

*Bear jumping up and down happily* Yay BG YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beach-Girl likes this.
  10. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

Watching Bear jump up and down is quite a treat. For one thing, he only has short stubby legs. For another, he's completely inanimate. :D

Beach-Girl and veronica73 like this.
  11. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

12. Peter Zafirides

Peter Zafirides Physician

I just saw your video for the first time this evening. What a fantastic experience to share with us. It is a testament to your strength and belief in yourself. Absolutely wonderful!!

Thanks for sharing that moment. You have no idea how much that video will help others to heal in the future.

Congratulations, Beach-Girl!!

Dr. Z

Beach-Girl and veronica73 like this.
  13. Beach-Girl

Dr. Z:

Last night ended a very long week for me. Just before heading to bed, I saw your post. Thank you so much - it means a lot to me (and gives me encouragement) to read this. Onward. There is a pain free life ahead for me and I hope my little video helps just one person.

Now when I go to "fear" - I close my eyes and remember this victory. One small step in the right direction!

BG

G.R. and Livvygurl like this.
  14. DRZ

DRZ New Member

Beach-Girl, Im new to the forum so please forgive me if I dont have all the background on your story....Great to see you could accomplish that without the use of pain pills...not to mention you looked quite happy!
    In my journey I know im close to becoming pain free, but one of my last "crutches" I need to get rid of is the prescription pain pills that help me get through the day. Its not an abusive habit, maybe 3-4 low dose pills on a BAD day but when I feel pain coming on my first thought is to take a pill. How were you able to overcome this and did you suffer any withdraw symptoms?

15. Beach-Girl

Hi DRZ:

This video was taken while I was very active with my TMS journey. I have to say that I am still on pain medication, but I think it's fear that keeps on it. I have a lot of stress in my life - thus the "derailing" of my program. I have every intention of getting back on the horse and doing this again. I want a life where I don't worry about them and their side-effects.

I have tapered some at times. If you tell yourself you won't go into withdrawals, you won't. I know that sounds weird, but I have gone way down on some days to see if I can do this and feel OK. And I have.

But I have to build up again to get to where I was psychologically before I can attempt another walk without pain medication. I know the drill, what I need to do - now it's time to do it. Soon I'll be back in the saddle.

Good luck with your reduction in pain meds. I wish I'd never started down this road, but life insisted I keep going rather than be bedridden.

BG