1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Candida, H Pylori and GERD. Are they definitively TMS equivalents?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by avik, Dec 9, 2015.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Avik,

I can totally understand your concern. But it doesn't always matter what modalities you follow, but it's more about what's ingrained in your belief system. That's why some may heal from medicine, some by juicing, others by meditation, yoga, some by a combination etc. It all boils down to placebo. But to activate this, one must change his or her outlook and relationship with fear, worry etc. The mind can heal real injuries and psychosomatic pain, it all boils down to your belief.

Regardless, of whether you go the mind body route or conventional medicine, or a combination of both. Meditation and / or negative writing will have significant impact on your physiology, particularly your immune system and healing. If you take certain medicine it will only weaken your immune system and make you prone to more illnesses, whereas your goal is to restore it to fight bacteria. If I was facing a condition as such, I wouldn't approach it from one angle, I'd try numerous modalities simultaneously to find a means of healing.

Personally, I'd take the medicine they prescribe, change my diet, meditate and journal.

If you are not already meditating, I'd recommend you look into it.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Avik, why don't you go back to seeing Dr. Rashbaum for a dx for your current symptoms? It sounds like you need a TMS booster. When Dr. Sarno was practicing, my understanding is from people posting at TMS sites, who were his patients, that you were a patient for life. If you got a new symptom, you could call on him for a dx and reassurance if it was TMS. I don't know if his successor Dr. Rashbaum continues with this practice.

3. avik

avik Well known member

I could but its not necessarily a "booster" that I need (although thats like always beneficial).
    I need someone to tell me definitively that these things I have are indeed TMS and from what ive read and the research I have done thus far, there is no definitive answer.
    For IBS, yes.
    For H Pylori and GERD...not that I can find.

You know what though, couldn't hurt. Ill give him a call tomorrow.

Thanks for the post.

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Avik, If I had a TMS doc near me I would see him first if he was semi-conveniently located, I'm not sure why this isn't your first recourse.

As far as your symptoms all of them are well documented in the TMS literature to be in most cases of TMS origin, I would get back to researching through the TMS resources. SteveO's "GPD" has a great APPENDIX of TMS Symptoms and Affective Equivalents. Of course, they should be addressed if they have gotten to the structural point, but my first course would be to get an unbiased, TMS educated DX from a TMS physician. I wish I had one in my neighborhood.

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. samuelp180

samuelp180 Peer Supporter

Avik, I don’t know if you are still on this site, but I am 17 and I have hunger pains even if I eat two pizzas I just feel almost more hungry than before. Do you think that this can be tms? You said something about not enough stomach acid I think that is definitely a possibility because this all came on when I started doing somatic tracking. What do you think?

6. Mazinio

Mazinio New Member

Hi Avik. It's be a few years since you wrote about you H Pylori.

I am a TMS sufferer and had chronic back pain for many years. Whey getting on top of that after finally approaching it from a TMS view I them developed terrible GERD symptoms, sore throat, tickle in throat when breathing, chronic cough, non stop burping and now sharp pains in left rib. I had an endoscopy and tested positive for H Pylori. I went of antibiotics and tested for HP 6 weeks later and have tested negative but my symptoms are now worse.

How are you doing? What approach worked for you in the end? I would love to talk to you more about it as I am really struggling here.

Thanks Avik,

Maz