1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic ache in testicles. TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by cirrusnarea, Jul 24, 2013.

1. CharlotteR

CharlotteR Newcomer

If this active please someone reply.

2. dever

dever Newcomer

I'm here, still having pain, how are you?

3. CharlotteR

CharlotteR Newcomer

Yes. I had a vasectomy in October 2014. Shitty recovery but at 6 months felt I was 90% and was fine with that. Then a few weeks ago it slowly started again. Symptoms vary with sore scrotal pain, groin pain, burning and tingling in groin and scrotum. Also sore abdomen. Just crazy. At my wits end.

4. dever

dever Newcomer

No vasectomy here; my problems started after an injury. A few months without pain, now recurring pain and swelling. And I hear you about the pain reaching to other parts. What have you tried so far?

5. CharlotteR

CharlotteR Newcomer

Drugs. Therapy. Time. Antibiotics.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Denver. Yes, this forum is still active. In fact, very active. Maybe other TMSers don't have testicle or pelvic problems.

If tests show no problem, then it is TMS. I like Anne's reply.

I found some interesting videos on pelvic pain on Youtube.

7. dever

dever Newcomer

THank you for being here

8. Mtngal

Mtngal Well known member

Hi Leo. Being female I have suffered on and off from something called interstitial cystitis which I have healed on several occasions by recognizing it as a TMS equivalent. I've heard that male genital pain is often called prostatitis or chronic pelvic pain etc and is the male equivalent of interstitial cystitis. Since nobody can find anything wrong or the cause of it, it seems likely to be in the TMS realm. However, I'd like to give you the name of a clinic in Boulder Colorado: Urology and Holistic Health clinic run by Dr. Ripoll (female) and also a male urologist. If you google that name you will find the website and view her video. I've not been there myself, but it appears to me that the providers may be open to mindbody theory since they are an holistic practice.
    Anyway, maybe by now you are recovering using TMS methods but just thought I'd put this out there.
    Hope you are feeling better!

9. dever

dever Newcomer

Leo, I have to say that what you posted really struck a chord with me, especially the part about being struck there on purpose when younger. It caused me pain to read that . . . anyway, hoping you find relief. And thank you to those who have posted useful leads here. Reading about interstitial cystitis now.

10. kevinmichael

kevinmichael Peer Supporter

Looking back years ago I was diagnosed with Epididymitis. This is inflammation of a tube in the testicles. I was given antibiotics. The urologist stated it was gone. After that I still had symptoms. Looking back this must of been TMS. This was years before I had any understanding of TMS. It went away. I now have had many symptom imperatives. Most recently I have had a large rash. It was cultured and no bacteria was found. My primary physician told me not to take the antibiotics that the walk in clinic had prescribed for me. The rash has completely gone away.

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I think the rash and testical problem are from TMS. If you haven't done it yet, I urge you to start the Structured Educational Program which is free in the subforum on this web site. It helps us to discover the emotions causing our pain. They may be repressed emotions going as far back as childhood or recent ones, and those may trigger past emotions. Or we may be a perfectionist or "goodist" person who knocks ourselves out so they like and approve of us.
    Here is what a member of the TMS community posted recently about healing thanks to the SEP:

Kevin healed 95 % from SEP

Welcome to the SEP and to the path of recovery. I am on my final two days of the program and I can say with complete confidence that I am a changed man. I started after 6 months of nasty low-back/butt/leg pain, could hardly walk, stand, etc. was in physical therapy, chiropractor, acupuncture, pain medications, etc.. the usual. My MRI showed 3 disk bulges/herniations touching nerves, so that is what I believe it to be....that is until I read Dr. Sarno and found this site.

I encourage you to really get involved, follow the instructions, do the journaling, take time to read all the suggested readings, and watch the videos. I'd say I'm 95% cured. There is still some very light lingering "annoyance", but I still have some work to do. I've been walking miles with hardly any pain these last few weeks. But even more, if the pain comes on now, it just doesn't bother me like it used to, I sorta just see it, acknowledge it, and go about my business. It took working the program to get to that point, but 6 weeks compared to 6 months is nothing! I made more progress in the first week than I did from two months of PT!!! It's going to challenge you and your "beliefs" in medicine, but you have nothing to lose. We generally wind up here when all else fails.

So give it a shot, especially before considering anything invasive like surgery. If you put the work in, you will get better. Have you read Dr. Sarno yet? I assume you have since you're here, but in case you haven't, definitely read Healing Back Pain. Again, it will challenge everything you've believed about your pain, and backs in general. You'll be encouraged to resume life as normal, i.e. stop ALL "therapies" (PT, chiro, etc.), stop taking medications, and most importantly, stop thinking STRUCTURAL problems are the cause of your pain and shift to psychological as the reason.....again, this can be difficult and takes some time to sink in, so be patient and kind to yourself.

It was a process for me. A few of the bigger moves in my case were: I ripped up and threw out my MRI test results (I found myself obsessively reading over them and comparing them to other results I could find on the web and even here on the TMSwiki site...); I got back to the gym and stopped using a weight belt; and I even cancelled an appointment I had made with a TMS doctor because it was more than a month away and it was hindering my recovery (that is, my 100% belief in TMS was lagging because I had this pending appointment, but as soon as I cancelled it, my recovery sped up significantly). Everyone's journey is unique to their situation, but I've found that really committing to the program and brining what I learn from it into my daily life has had profound results. Also, sharing along the way here in these forums has been extremely helpful - there's something about knowing that you're not alone in your TMS recovery that really helps. I encourage you to look through my past posts for some insight into my experience with SEP. Like I said, I'm just now finishing, tomorrow is my final day, and I feel like a changed person. It's amazing. And I feel as though it is something that one carries on with, not just like a one time 6 week thing and that's that...it has helped me to get to know myself and taught me tools to "deal" with my emotions. Learning and accepting TMS is a life changer for sure.