1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Courage is a muscle

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Danielle Szasz LMFT, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Danielle Szasz LMFT

Danielle Szasz LMFT TMS Therapist

I made this video in honor of the #faceyourfearchallenge and would love to hear in the comments about the things you are doing everyday to help gently face your fears!

AC45 likes this.
  2. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed watching it!

Danielle Szasz LMFT likes this.
  3. Danielle Szasz LMFT

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :).

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Congrats! I'm going to be doing mine next. :)

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

The idea of facing my fears on purpose is a very difficult leap for someone who has used avoidance and rationalization as primary defenses all my life. But I clearly see the wisdom of what you are saying. I guess the key is to start small and very gently, and focus on the least threatening fear first.

Thank you for posting your video. Great information.

6. pspa

pspa Well known member

Avoidance is absolutely the first instinct of the person with anxiety and or pain and according to all i have read, absolutely the worst thing one can do because it is antithetical to the full participation in life that is the cure.

7. Danielle Szasz LMFT

It's so true. It's frustrating that our first instinct is often the thing that would be least helpful in terms of recovery. I sometimes just have to laugh about how clear it is that our brains are wired much more for survival than for happiness and well-being. Those take a lot of effort!

8. Danielle Szasz LMFT

Thank you, Ellen! So key to start in small ways that feel manageable in order to set ourselves up for success.