1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Crippling back pain, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme, vertigo and more all healed

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Ann Miller, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Ann Miller

Ann Miller Well known member

All great questions. Interestingly, there are just as many people who say, "I can understand how the nervous system could cause jerking and twitches and bowel issues but I can't understand how it affects the muscles." So you see here, we each have our own little doubts. And doubts can be so sneaky in how they disguise themselves. Naming them for what they are, "oh that thought is one of doubt," and knowing that we ALL have those random thoughts...it DOESN'T MAKE THEM TRUE, and going on with our new improved thought patterns is the way to unravel this whole thing.

Regarding what to journal about- there are many many different approaches to this. Some follow Dr.Schubiner or Nicole Sachs method of making three lists of past stressors, current stressors and personality traits and then picking a topic from them. Some use the Adam Heller method of asking rapid fire, "right now what am I feeling?" over and over. Some people like to journal in a web form with a topic in the middle and branches going out from that topic. Others like bullet points of emotions. Others do not like journaling at all. All valid and all can become pain free. The thing that I do for clients is to help them untangle their core personality strengths and match that with a program that is likely to be enjoyed and sustained. Because most folks do not have book cures, Most need to retrain their brains and their way of thinking over many months, so the method they choose needs to be sustainable.

fridaynotes likes this.
  2. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

marvelous, thank you!

3. jameseyswife1

jameseyswife1 New Member

4. jameseyswife1

jameseyswife1 New Member

Thank you once again for your kind response. I seen a sleep doctor today just to rule out sleep apnea. She mentioned that some of the other weird twitches and spasms I have during the day could possibly periodic limb movement disorder and she wants me to see a neurologist. This scared the crap out of me! Either way I'm going to keep journaling, studying and doing TMS meditations each day to see if I can get some reductions in my symptoms. Hopefully I can learn how to release some of these pent up emotions. I've been doing the work daily for a month and have a seen a little bit of improvement with my stomach pain, but the rest of the symptoms are still hanging around.

5. Ann Miller

Ann Miller Well known member

Yes. It took me many months. At first there was just slight shifts. Then my symptoms went bonkers. Then I started to see bigger shifts. This slow unraveling was my experience.

jameseyswife1 and fridaynotes like this.