1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - Doubts about Bell's Palsy recovery

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LaineyVeganseed, Aug 5, 2019.

1. LaineyVeganseed

LaineyVeganseed Peer Supporter

Hi there! I joined this Program recently because I was having recurring pain in my foot that had previously sidelined me from all activities for two years. After re-reading the book "The Mind Body Prescription" and writing down all the things I could think of that I was angry, upset or stressed about, I went to bed and the next day woke up with zero foot pain. Honestly, though, I can hear the little voice in my head saying, "That was a recent pain so that is why it went away so quickly." I do feel confident that chronic neck and shoulder blade pain I have can go away as well, but my mind is toying with me to make me think it will take a long time. Finally, the most vital issue I have is residual facial distortion (and mild pain and discomfort) from a bout of Bell's Palsy in 2010. My brain wants me to believe that this will take a long time to fix as well, as I had read the book in 201o but didn't really stick with the process or connect with others for support through a class or forum. So I am planning to keep at this Program all month, and beyond, for as long as it takes, taking advantage of this forum and the live chat on Saturdays (I was on it last Sat). I hope I can find a trick or two that will help me speed up the process and get my normal smile back! Thank you for making this available! Glad to be here!

plum likes this.