1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New Program Day 1: Introduction

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Jul 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Luz

Luz Newcomer

[QUOTE = "mbo, publicación: 122550, miembro: 6207"] Hola Luz,
    escríbeme a miquelb3@gmail.com [/ QUOTE]

No acabo de entender como funciona estas páginas.
    Me envía su correo electrónico?.
    Supuse que tendria respuesta por aquí.

2. mbo

mbo Well known member

Luz,
    por mail puedo enviarte material en español.

3. Brit

Brit Newcomer

Hi there,
    Day 1! I have done a lot of work on TMS already and have made some progress with the pain but it is till with me a lot of the time especially when I am asleep, consequently I always have a disturbed night. Looking forward to doing something about it. Thank you for producing this programme

4. kamal aldubakel

kamal aldubakel New Member

thank you Alan for your hard work to help people with TMS

5. Tomi

Tomi Peer Supporter

Hi Brit, I have the same problem. Pain at night and disturbed sleep. I have been working on this for a long time, and still continuing. Just wanted to send out a message of solidarity. Please let me know if you have discovered some good strategies since you wrote this post and good luck!

6. Dumpty

Dumpty Newcomer

Thank you. I am so excited to start this. I am in a once a month group with Dr. Stracks, but i need some more direction. I am journaling, meditating, saying affirmations and watching and listening to stories. My pain has been in my feet. And I know that there is nothing structurally wrong with them. The pain is unbelievable. But i believe this can change it.

7. Dumpty

Dumpty Newcomer

This is Dumpty again, I would also like to contribute. All of my best to you all!

8. Kaos

Kaos Newcomer

My name is Jennifer and I’m brand new to TMS. I’ve just been reading the material about TMS on this forum and I will be reading Dr Sarno’s book starting tonight. This resonates with me so much and I just can’t wait to officially start. I guess I have started yesterday, listening to Nicole Sachs podcast and starting www.curablehealth.com. I can’t wait to be able to participate more as I get some experience with this.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  9. Dumpty

Dumpty Newcomer

Hi this is Dumpty. I love this stuff. It is so new to me. I am a neophyte in chat rooms and i dont do facebook. But Alans program is wonderful. It was amazing to see Christie and hear her experience. I spent the morning sobbing from my gut at the pain and screaming at the pain and now i realize that wasn’t the right thing. I am trying to change that now to this is just a sensation and I am safe and trying to not give it stage time. I am journaling a lot and meditating daily.Thank you Kaos for posting your info. And thank you Alan and Christie and all the others who write. I will try and start a thread.
    Dumpy 612 388 0481

jimmylaw9, Cap'n Spanky and Kaos like this.
  10. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Welcome Kaos and Dumpty!! I cannot say enough good things about Alan's program, Dr. Sarno, and all the other amazing resources available to us. It not only helps us overcome our pain and symptoms, but it also leads to a happier, healthier, more fulfilling life!

11. Papillon

Papillon New Member

Thank you for sharing your story. Trying to stay positive.

12. emporeon027

emporeon027 Peer Supporter

i`ve just wonder if thats hoy my hand, the quervain pain cames back. i was doing so great i really fell that i could overcomethis (other symptoms) in this case leg pain that it was so low and started to fade await at last, i spend some time working at the pc and i fell some disconform in my wrist i started to worry about a little bit and the next day got again thumb clicling pain, and sure my brain saw all that as an act of danger and give my pain back as a responde for this, so the better thing that i could do its to keep moving foward, and dont stop my fisical anctivite despide the symptoms right?. sorry this is not my native language

13. Cap'n Spanky

Yes emporeon027, it is better to continue physical activity. You are trying to teach your brain that the pain is not dangerous

Alan's program is really great. http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/ (Pain Recovery Program) If it's not to difficult to follow in your native language.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  14. PlainJane

PlainJane New Member

Hello. This is day one for me. My doctor recommended coming here after I'd read Doctor Sarno's book again. The first time it was too hard to take. How could my own brain do this to me? But since it can, then it can also fix me up just fine, or at least well enough. Twenty-five+ years of Fibromyalgia, 19 years of Focal Seizures and 8 years of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is enough! I'm ready to be human again...a good human, but human. (I'm a goodist! LOL Good-grief.) Thank you for this, Alan Gordon!

15. Cap'n Spanky

Hi PlainJane and welcome!

Alan's program is brilliant, in my opinion. Also, since you've had Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, you may want to check out "Defying The Verdict: How I Defeated Chronic Pain" by Tamara Gurin. The author suffered with CRPS. It was written by a forum member and I think it's fantastic. One of the best TMS books I've read. The Kindle version is only $0.99.

16. PlainJane

PlainJane New Member

Wow! Thank you for the recommendation. :) I'll definitely check it out. In fact, I look forward to reading it.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  17. Hopevsheadaches

Hopevsheadaches Newcomer

You have given me hope when I saw no way out. Every day is a struggle to get through but I have this community now and this new approach. I cannot thank you enough.

hudsonhiker and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  18. joy4moi

joy4moi New Member

Hi Alan,
    I am excited to study your program! Lots of years of pain that has worsened the past few years. I love how the Universe has guided me here! I am very open to the notion that I can heal myself.
    Thank you!
    Celeste

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  19. hudsonhiker

hudsonhiker New Member

Hi everyone. I’m back. I got a concussion over a year ago and I’d like to learn how to manage my headaches. Love this community

20. Rachel110885

Rachel110885 New Member

Hi Jules I hope you’re doing well. A lot of your symptoms sound like mine. I’ve overcome back pain and headaches. Now I have chronic nausea. It’s almost been a year. Any tips for this? It’s absolutely horrible feeling like you’re on the verge of vomiting all day every day.