1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

New Program Day 2: The Nature of Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Dumpty

Dumpty Newcomer

I so understand Caligirl. I have been noticing the stress in my pain. Thank you. This video with the dims and Sims really makes sense. I say affirmations and i need to start thinking about my self talk more. All the resources are wonderful!!

2. PlainJane

PlainJane New Member

I couldn't resist responding to you as I've been reading through, here.
    I find that when I'm doing something I enjoy, pain is less. But it has to be a great joy. For example, when I get together with my family yearly I have more energy when I'm there and am able to enjoy myself more. I do usually end up paying the price, but in the moment I'm pretty darned good.
    So, I think it has to do with the fact that you love being out in nature, and loving life at the moment that takes the pain away. And though your job is not 'dangerous' I'm willing to bet you aren't crazy about the work you do.
    But I get where you are coming from. One of my dreams is to paint again. I hurt so bad sitting at the easel, yet it's something I love. Boggles the mind, doesn't it!?