1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Need Help Exercising?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by ErinK, Jan 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ErinK

ErinK New Member

Hi All! My name is Erin Kershaw and I have TMS. I also am an exercise physiologist, personal trainer, group fitness instructor, yoga instructor, and mindfulness meditation teacher. I actually just left my career to a) heal and then b) devote my life to helping our tribe somehow (just haven't nailed down the how yet)! I'm coming off of a few days of working with Dr. Schubiner!

In the meantime, if anyone needs me to write you an exercise program to help you get moving again, or go for a virtual walk/do any exercise with you (and help you through the fear), or lead you through virtual yoga, or help you with any kind of movement or meditation, I would be honored to. I have a Master's in Exercise Physiology with a speciality in Strength and Conditioning, and have coached hundreds of people with diverse backgrounds. I cannot diagnose you and I am not a therapist, but I'd love to apply my knowledge and experience to all of you lovely humans. This service is by donation only (and if you can't at this time, that's ok, I trust you). :) I'd just like to help you all in anyway I can.

Please Note: Creating a movement program for you or helping you to move is not necessary by any means for TMS healing. I offer this in case you want to move again, but you are afraid or you do not know how to start. :)

My email address is erinmontkersh@gmail.com. Please contact me if you'd like to work with me.

Kindly,
    Erin Kershaw, M.S. Exercise Physiology

2. Saman

Saman Newcomer

Hi Erin, I am new to learning about TMS. Is it okay to excersize and train, even if that seems to exacerbate or bring back any pain/soreness?

3. ErinK

ErinK New Member

Hi Saman!

Thanks so much for reaching out! Have you been diagnosed with TMS? It's important to rule out anything pathological or structural, but then... YES! Once you know you have TMS, it's wonderful to move! If exercising makes you feel JOY then yes, it's a great way to jump back into life and also send a message to your brain that you are safe to move. I would recommend doing this gradually while also being really aware that your brain might be pretty nervous about it at first (conditioned response), so while you are moving, please try to send messages of safety to your brain "I can do this!!" "This is safe!!" "I am strong and healthy and powerful!!!!" Does this help?

Kindly,
    Erin

4. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Doing exercise makes my body strong and healthy :)