1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Does TMS ever go away completely?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Davideus85, Mar 30, 2021.

1. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't have ASD but I do do Feldenkrais every day; here's the Wikipedia page about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feldenkrais_Method (Feldenkrais Method - Wikipedia). There are two types - one where you have 1-2-1 sessions with a Feldenkrais teacher who uses their hands to place you in certain positions - and the other is where you join a class to do Feldenkrais movements under the instruction of a Feldenkrais teacher and you can do these movements at home. I learned to do Feldenkrais movements from YouTube videos and a couple of books. I haven't particularly seen any improvements in my TMS, but I find it quite relaxing and meditative.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree to a certain degree. When a huge fraud was committed on my credit card last year, I chose to calm myself and thought that there was a realistically good chance that I would be able to sort things out. I pursued the bank and eventually got them to take off the purchases that the fraudsters had made on my account. I was pleased and it was 'good' that I got the matter resolved, but the whole affair didn't 'lead-to-something' excitingly 'great' and I didn't learn anything from the experience. I'd have to pretend to be 'excited' about such things as dealing with the theft of my identity and I know from experience that my TMS gets worse when I pretend/lie to myself. However, I've almost finished your latest book and will try doing some of the other approaches you suggest. Something I like about it is that you give only a few points to follow, whereas so many other self-help books 'prescribe' so many things to do that all they do is pile on pressure.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Here are my thoughts regarding your comments;
    1. "I'd have to pretend to be 'excited' about such things as dealing with the theft of my identity and I know from experience that my TMS gets worse when I pretend/lie to myself." If this strategy is not working for you, no worries. Consider the strategies I discuss In Vanquish Stress are here to serve you. Those that you find work best for you, apply them daily and get the benefit.
    2. "Something I like about it is that you give only a few points to follow..." I could have included many more strategies, however, I believe in making small, consistent changes to get big results. That's why I only included five of the ones my clients have found most effective.
    3. Don't forget to take the Stress Trigger quiz and see where you are now and take it again in 4-6 weeks to see how much you have improved.

BloodMoon likes this.