1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Favourite mind body podcast

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Nov 26, 2015.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello All,

I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this subject, but thought I'd start one.

What are your favourite mindbody podcast and when do they air?

Thanks again everyone.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I am not into podcasts but looked the term up and it sounds like another good electronic way to communicate. Hope some replies to you tell their favorite Mindbody podcasts so I can look into them.

3. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest and mike2014 like this.
  4. mike2014

Thank you kindly Colly, I hope you are keeping well.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Honestly the podcast we did with Steve Ozanich on his book were pretty awesome, if you ever get a chance Mike2014 look them up right here at the wiki and listen, lots of info in those podcast.

mike2014 likes this.
  6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I checked out the podcast u have above Colly, awesome food for thought and wisdom, thank you my accomplishment friend, miss hearing your awesome adventures.

7. mike2014

Thanks to everyone who has contributed this far.

Best

8. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for bringing this up, Mike. I'm a big fan of podcasts.

Here's a podcast that Dr. Schechter did with a well known podcaster: (the interview starts just over 9 minutes in)
    http://thedrunkentaoist.com/episodes/episode-57-dr-david-schechter-and-mind-body-connec

Trained by Dr. Sarno, Dr. Schechter was one of the first TMS doctors. About Dr. Schechter's book, Think Away Your Pain, Dr. Sarno wrote, "I highly recommend Dr. Schechter s book. It is readable, accessible, and insightful, and based on his long history in the diagnosis and treatment of Tension Myoneural Syndrome (TMS)."
    http://www.amazon.com/Think-Away-Your-David-Schechter/dp/1929997159

Cap'n Spanky and mike2014 like this.
  9. mike2014

Hi Forest, thank you for adding to the thread and I'll be sure to listen. I hope you are keeping well.

10. mike2014

11. mike2014

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  12. mike2014

13. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

mike2014 likes this.
  14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, everyone. Thanks for reminding me about the various TMS healing podcasts.

They are wonderful, a treasure trove of what Dr. Sarno calls "TMS penicillin."

Also thanks to Herbie for reminding me of the one we did on Steve O's book,
    THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION
    and our own on our book GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN.

15. Eric "Herbie" Watson

That's a great one Walt. I am truly amazed at the information concerning mind body healing through the tmswiki podcast about our book. I really believe our tools are so important in any healing, our podcast about our book is packed with free tools that took me and you a lifetime to learn. Would love to see some of Steveos podcast bumped in some new threads and some of our podcast too, again, a world of wisdom builds hope that leads to victory in any part of life.

16. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

If anyone reading this wants to listen, here are the audio archives for the podcast that Herbie mentioned:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group

Thanks for your wishes, @mike2014. Things are going well. I got to teach at a new university last semester and loved the students. The tradeoff, though, was that I had to accept a teaching load that was twice as large as I would have liked. I'm quite glad it's over!

My favorite podcast right now is the Brain Science Podcast, by Ginger Campbell, MD. She interviews cutting edge scientists but breaks things down so they make sense to the public, so she refers to it as the podcast for anyone with a brain. I'd add that it is a podcast for anyone who is interested in psychology, as most of our emotions happen in our brain. For example, when I learned about how the amygdala helps to process fear, it really helped me understand my own feelings because I could see how the amygdala has a direct connection to my experiences, bypassing parts of my rational mind.

You can listen to it through itunes or wherever you get your podcasts:
    http://brainsciencepodcast.com/

Here's her intro video:

17. honey badger

honey badger Peer Supporter

Katelyn Michals has an amazing podcast dedicated to TMS. I listen to it on Spotify but you can also find it on YouTube. Here's her first episode. She has some great interviews including with people like Steve O. and Nicole Sachs.

18. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

19. Amber

Amber New Member

I am loving Tara Brach. She has podcasts and meditations that you can listen to or download right from her website, tarabrach.com. Very soothing and mindful.

20. honey badger

honey badger Peer Supporter

Colly likes this.