1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Following PT advice: To see or not to see a neurologist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana-M, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Yes, it’s a lot of pressure not to be able to ask for help. This is true. And leaves you lonely. Being taken all the way down with multiple symptoms is really humbling. And now, my hands are cramped and I can’t write. And I’m a writer for a living. So, humbled big time. A lot of room for fear. But also a lot of room for faith.

My hands started cramping when I got COVID for the first time last Dec. I think it really is a good idea to look at the meanings of the parts of your body that manifest symptoms. Louise Hay is good, but I’ve always wondered how she determined all the meanings. I’ve also seen on the wiki the idea of journaling in the voice of the TMS body part. See what it says. I’m a little afraid to ask! Gotta be a good story there.

Your son sounds like a good kid. Mine have been calling a lot to check on me. It’s been hard, because I know they are worried. But they also don’t believe in TMS. That’s another reason why I’m considering the neurologist visit. Maybe to also calm their fears.

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

She was a therapist..she worked with lots of people so all of her observations were based on collective anecdotes...not very scientific, but most intuition isn't... I would have never taken her serious UNLESS I had read Sarno first.
    My sons DO believe in it as I have coached both of them through episodes....it has actually helped both of them be pretty fearless and that in itself was worth the trip.

BTW..My symptoms are nearly gone...and I did talk to a forum Bro and that helped a lot. Just making the connection...it doesn't matter what other people believe..it matters what WE believe

JanAtheCPA and Diana-M like this.
  3. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

That’s great you feel better! Also awesome you helped your sons. All 3 of mine have had TMS episodes, but don’t believe that’s what it is. That’s cool about Louise Hay. I don’t doubt it. I’ve got her book. I’m going to look up my 1 million symptoms and see what the heck they add up to.

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  4. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I've never thought of doing that... I'm going to try it. I've got a feeling that I'm going to be glad you mentioned it.

Last edited: May 5, 2024
    JanAtheCPA and Diana-M like this.