1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Getting back into weightlifting has helped me tremendously

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NameK, Apr 18, 2019.

1. NameK

NameK Well known member

So about 2 weeks ago I decided to slowly start to get into weightlifting again (I stopped for 2-3 years mainly because I was lazy and didnt want to go) growing up it was a huge part of my life and I always enjoyed it as a hobby but for some reason I dont know why I ever stopped.

Its definitely helping my mental health (anxiety,fearful thoughts, distracting me ) and its certainly proving my tms pain wrong (left , calfs, back pain.)

I'm not having constant pain anymore which I'm assuming is a good sign since I've realized it's all pshyosomatic In a way and not a psyhical issue.

Although my legs are super sore from squatting I know it's a good soreness if that makes sense.

Anybody else find that excersicing helps with their symptoms?

Sita likes this.
  2. Sita

Sita Well known member

Yes. I'm into weight lifting also. I started to work out 2-3 times a week (a few months ago) and it helped my back pain tremendously. Especially weightlifting and stretching. I also do Pilates, Yoga, hiking, aerobic so I try to keep my body stretched and strong. Usually I exercise mostly every day for about 50 min. It also improved my sleep quality and this was very important for me. I follow a low carbs diet (Paul Jaminet's diet) and I'm losing weight about one pound a week. I lost 7 pounds in the last 6 weeks and I'm really happy about it.

You're doing great! Continue to do it, you'll see more improvement in time.

3. NameK

NameK Well known member

I've already noticed improvements to my mental and pshyical health since starting 3 weeks ago. Although I'm taking a few rest days (because my legs are super sore from my workout on Thursday and its Easter weekend. I'm going on Sunday though back to the grind. I've been going atleast 4 times a week

Sita likes this.