1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Gluten sensitivity

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by freedomseeker, Feb 7, 2021.

1. freedomseeker

freedomseeker Peer Supporter

Is there a test for non celiac gluten sensitivity? Also, is a gluten sensitivity considered TMS?

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I honestly think it is. We can have reactions to foods etc. solely based on our fear and thoughts about those foods. In this case it's a "trigger"...a psychological conditioned response. My dad is a retired allergist and I have many allergies myself but there's so much trending in social media and media in general that a lot of these terms become trendy and "socially contagious". If you don't test positive for celiac disease, I would not make a huge deal out of it. You can eliminate it from your diet since most of it is processed crap anyway, but I would not go through life terrified of gluten either.

Balsa11, freedomseeker and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Couldn't have said it better myself. I believe in a healthy diet comprised of real whole foods, and as little added sugar as possible. But I proved to myself that the onset of food sensitivities in 2010/2011 as I approached my sixties were just TMS bullshit. It's part of my profile story!

Be assured that the placebo and nocebo effects are both very powerful.

freedomseeker likes this.
  4. freedomseeker

Thank you for your thoughts miffybunny. I do agree with everything you said. I did test negative for celiac, but I still notice I have symptoms if I make unhealthy eating choices, usually involving gluten. Which is why I requested to be tested to rule it out. Now to work on breaking that conditioned response...

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. freedomseeker

Thanks Jan. This further confirms what I am starting to believe is just TMS. It is amazing how powerful and tricky our minds can be at deceiving us.

JanAtheCPA likes this.