1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Gordons painrecovery vs. structured educational program.

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by TimSon, Feb 27, 2023.

1. TimSon

TimSon New Member

2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Welcome @TimSon

A great question and a tough call. Take a good look at both and see which appeals to you the most.

The Structured Educational Program is geared towards someone who is brand new to these concepts and it's more structured (imagine that ;)). It is generally highly thought of. Many people on here have used it to recover.

Alan's program is less structured and relies on you to implement the concepts and techniques that he lays out. Some people gel with Alan and some don't. I absolutely did gel with it and got a tremendous amount out of it. There's an entire Facebook group dedicated to those who are working Alan's program. He also has a book that is very similar to the program here, but more detailed.

If you have the time, there's nothing preventing you from trying a bit of both.

JaneSandyJane and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. ChronicVince

ChronicVince Peer Supporter

Hi @TimSon , I read somewhere in the SEP wiki it's a good way to start with the TMS Recovery of Alan. And then to apply it with the SEP. It is what I am currently doing (day 11 of SEP). Since here I found Alan's program more powerful but it's a hard and very personal thing to compare them. :)

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  4. TimSon

TimSon New Member

thanks a ton.

I will focus on Gordons program first.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.