1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

growing pains ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Dec 15, 2023.

1. mbo

mbo Well known member

I wonder if the so called «growing pains» and other simptoms (growing fever,...) are actualy TMS.
    You know, growing means to force the child to become an adult, to fit in our pathological society. And that process, never fullfilled (our residual child remains always inside us), requires a great deal of self-repression.
    What do you think about?
    M

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@mbo
    I think it depends.
    I know personally, that growing 6” in a summer (3 1/2 months) and over a foot in a year was incredibly painful in many ways. I needed massive amounts of food, yet my stomach had been tiny (before growth spurt I ate very little) so my stomach hurt.. yes at the same time I was anxious and self-conscious because I was away from home and no clothes fit (I was 9 years old), and the place I was at was not prepared to feed me, and to even know what was happening. The physical pain was real and my brain could not keep up so I was uncoordinated. Muscles aches and cramped because the bones grew faster than the muscles etc.
    When I stopped growing so quickly my pain subsided. I did not experience pain with later in life slow growth. I grew 1.5” in my early 30’s attributed to thyroid disease ( which some say is also tms but it runs in my family for many generations so who knows?)
    I believe my fast growth contributed to tms because I was mercilessly teased for my size, we could not afford all new clothing (they did not make children’s clothing or shoes in my size) and our food budget was strained because two of us were growing.
    My sister grew more slowly and had fewer pains.