1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hand shoulder arm pain/burning/tingling

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Urbank, May 18, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Hi @Barkis,
    Added to my whole host of symptoms I have recently been getting these gripping abdominal pains that take my breath away. It’s hard to even imagine my body could do this to itself. The way I look at it (when I’m clear headed about TMS) is: the pain level matches the psychological pain level that it’s trying to hide. So it gives you an idea of how big and deep the hidden emotional internal pain is.

2. Diana-M

@Urbank,
    That is definitely a traumatic memory! Of course you are hyper vigilant now. One thing I’m learning from the Schubiner book you are reading is that anything that reminds you of this scenario (and others you may not have uncovered yet) will trigger TMS symptoms. So maybe think about anything in your life right now that even vaguely reminds you of this feeling of despair, confusion and rage generated by that memory with your Mom. I am doing Internal Family System therapy, recommended by Schubiner. It is a really cool method where you identify these little inner children who underwent these traumas and you heal them. It takes time. And I’m not gonna lie, it’s hard. But it’s also amazing.

Urbank likes this.
  3. Diana-M

@Baseball65, I love your stories and your willingness to share them. They are so helpful! And hopeful. Noted above: when we *aren’t panicky,* we can see the inconsistencies! These inconsistencies are huge in fighting off fear/TMS/pain. I’m sorry you deal with this pain daily, but I also love that you successfully fight it off. This gives me so much hope and I can’t wait to get there.

Baseball65 likes this.
  4. Diana-M

This is my new mantra, thanks to how much you say this. I am always looking in plain sight now, and I’ve gained some shocking revelations.

5. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you...but I don't really have pain very often...my hand going numb isn't painful...was just scary until I realized it was a nothing burger. I read "healing back Pain in 1998 or 99 and have been pain free 99.7 % of the time...In fact, the longer i go between events the more indignant I am when I have one, like the relpase a few weeks ago. I Missed zero work days. I didn't miss anything I wanted to do...I just spent all of my waking hours writing/reading and reviewing and talking to friends who know this drill.

If there was ever anything lacking in Sarno's books, it might have been the moment to moment circuit between being aware of a symptom and the actual detailed use of the recommended strategies. THAT is why I post details....telling someone "I read a book and I got better" sounds almost flippant...it is "What the hell do I do right now that I am scared and in pain" that I think is useful to our fellows.

That is why I try to communicate 'non cornutum'..."without sophistry"

6. Diana-M

Oops, guess I misunderstood. Glad you aren’t in pain daily. Your additions and wisdom on this wiki are much appreciated!