1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Forest, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Many of us celebrate holidays this time of year, so I downloaded some graphics to hopefully create a bit of a festive atmosphere. One of my favorite passages from Dr. Sarno's books is when he describes the Rage/Soothe Ratio in Mindbody Prescription. Taking some time to focus on what brings us joy can brighten our lives immeasurably, and so I hope you enjoy the ornaments at the top of the forum.

Over the next couple days, I'll make a video to show people how to choose which of four sets of ornaments (or none at all) they want at the top of the page. For now, I thought it might be nice to show them to everyone. :)

As for me, personally, I think that I could play with the sounds they make for hours at a time... (Hover over the ornaments to see what I mean.) The sounds are so pure and clear!

2. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Love it Forest! Happy Holidays!!!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

I noticed the graphics, which evoked a smile. It wasn't until my mouse was moving up to a menu that a sound emerged. Then I was quite hooked. I like pretty sounds and sparkly objects. I can get rather distracted by such things. Thank you for the entertainment!

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  4. Forest

I'm totally hooked, too. I'm generally a pretty hard-nosed techie-type, but I've been a little surprised at how often my pointer strays up there.

5. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hey Forest, wonderful and very cheery!! I had the volume up and just by
    accident hovered over the ornaments, really a great idea. My dogs loved it
    too, they went flying out of the room as they haven't heard that sound yet!
    An early Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!!!!!

6. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Oops, I just posted in another thread about the bells, I didn't read this until know. Sorry. They were bell-er-iffic.

I hope everyone takes the time to look ahead after peaking back. Hope is the motivator. Imprison yourselves with hope. Healing is occurring every day, never let anyone tell you that you won't, or can't. You are your own healer.

Have a holly jolly Christmas, and in case you don't drink beer, oh by golly have a holly jolly Christmas, and dry year...

Steve

7. nancy

nancy Well known member

8. Forest

I hope for a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year for you and Nancy as well.... Beer works for me.

9. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I also like the little Santa hats above our Alerts and Inbox.

10. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Love it, Forest! Decorations and sounds! Can you add scent too--some pine maybe?

Forest likes this.
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Very cheery, Forest.
    I just looked at the calendar and saw that two weeks after today it's Christmas Eve. How did that happen?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  12. Steve Ozanich

Starting from left to right, bell #s. Did it fast so has mistakes: White Christmas

10 11 10 9 10 11 12 13 15 17 18 24 22 21 19 17 6 8 10 10 10 13 10 15 6 8 10 10 15 6 6 8 6

Ellen, Becca and Forest like this.
  13. Forest

BEST. POST. EVER.

Becca likes this.
  14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve, the bells don't open or ring for me.

15. Forest

Happy Holidays, everyone. The bells are back!

16. Steve Ozanich

I say this from a man secure in his heterosexuality, one of my most favorite times of the year is playing with Forest's bells.

17. Forest

18. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

[​IMG]

Forest likes this.
  19. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Merry Christmas!

Forest and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.