1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

healed for 10+ years

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by balto, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Mala

Mala Well known member

2. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

Thanm you for sharing.

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Balto, I've just read your post and it's moved and inspired me. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and knowledge.

May you continue to live a joyous and happy life.

Crissyxox likes this.
  4. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Fear is what keeps the symptoms alive. Amen.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  5. billyp

billyp New Member

Man I just barely read your story and I want to say thank you. This testimonial you shared clicked with me better than any other article, post, book or forum I have read. You made a huge difference to me and my thinking about this. I know I will be cured now.
    Thanks again Balto. God Bless you!

6. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

I just printed your story. I am feeling rather defeated at the moment but this is a really inspiring read and is such a good summary of the basics. Thank you!

7. breakfree

breakfree Peer Supporter

Hi Balto

Thanks so much for sharing - especially your recommendation's on how to do it.

Yes - you HAVE inspired me to do it too ;o)

You said '' I'm not a very smart guy, I'm a college dropped out and I have failed at many things in life.''

This worries me ...

PLEASE STOP speaking/thinking/talking about yourself like this !!!

You ARE EVERYTHING you are meant to be !
    Nothing more, nothing less, and PERFECT EXACTLY as you are...

and honestly I think you are amazing to of recovered from this damn tms - because
    THAT is NOT easy (I know as I'm trying - its REALLY bloody HARD!!)

Best Wishes x x

schnurma, Mermaid and silentflutes like this.
  8. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

Just want to add this:
    Dr. Sarno make it very simple for us to heal, we somehow confuse ourselves by making it so complex. His method is very simple:
    - Realize and understand that our symptoms were caused by negative emotions. (THE CAUSE)
    - Accept his diagnosis. (100%)
    - He said tms symptoms are benign, temporary. (what he mean is: DO NOT FEAR IT. )
    - Continue to be as active as one normally be. (again: NO FEAR)
    you see, it is very simple, Do not FEAR your symptoms. The symptoms are benign, temporary, reversible... what is there to fear?
    The one single most important message that I think doctor Sarno want us to get is: DO NOT FEAR YOUR SYMPTOMS. If you can do that you will be cure.

schnurma, Shakermaker, Sita and 5 others like this.
  9. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Amazing insight ...

10. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Great story and certainly provides inspiration.

When making peace with the past how have people on this board gone about this? I try but it's not simple.

11. balto

To me making peace with the past mean forgive, forget, then move on. Be compassionate. be forgiving to anyone and anything that have hurt you in the past. Tell yourself it is long gone, it is over, it is spilt milk, let move on and let live. Don't dwell in the past. Don't give it any weight. What is important is NOW. Not the future, not the past, NOW.

Shakermaker and Sita like this.
  12. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Thanks man,

You're right with forgive and forget. It's a waste of energy dwelling and being angry at the past and this creates tension with negative thinking.

Live the day in daylight components from morning till bedtime for me from now on.

13. andi

andi Newcomer

What a beautiful, powerful story. Thank you!!

14. Lazarus

Lazarus New Member

Balto, I have read your story many times to try to help me deal with fear. Over the last month or so I am having trouble controlling my high blood pressure and I believe my anxiety has a lot to do with it. I have read the many problems you had over a 20-year period. Did you ever struggle with high blood pressure during that time and, if so, were you able to help bring it under control by eliminating your fear about it?

15. balto

Hi Lazarus. I don't think I ever mentioned it in my post, but I had a mini stroke in my 30's. I had high blood pressure and angina back then.
    Although I do believe that my angina and high blood pressure were mind body in origin. I don't take chances when it come to the heart. I have regular check up and test. I take med that doctor subscribed to me. I meditated and changed my diet to more "green". I refused to fear it. I was concern and take actions that I believed will help, but I have no fear. No fear for my health, my finance, my love life, my ...
    And when anxiety and panic attack no longer stay with me, all my test came back normal and I no longer have angina or high blood pressure. Under 120/80 at every check up now.
    Hope this help.

16. Lazarus

Lazarus New Member

Balto, thanks for your reply - it is helpful. I am taking blood pressure medicine, take blood pressure readings each day and it seems to be under control now. Do you still take blood pressure medicine now to keep yours under control?

17. balto

No I don't take any drug now. My blood pressure is normal for years now. When you're happy everything tend to be good.
    My dad used to have high blood pressure and he is diabetic. He checked his pressure and sugar every few hours for years. I told him whatever you focus on, whatever you think about all day long, will intensified and get worst. He listen to me and stopped checking his BP and sugar everyday. Just once in a few weeks, then not anymore. He is in his 90 now and seem to be healthy.

18. billyp

billyp New Member

19. billyp

billyp New Member

Hi again everyone. Balto I first read your story a couple of years ago and at that time I was in the worst shape I could imagine. I had constant pain of one variety or another. I was constantly worried about it. Wanting it to go away. I didn’t understand the reason. A Doctor had diagnosed me with an incurable autoimmune disease. I was slowly dying. Your story gave me a new confidence and set me out to find a different answer. I started letting go of worry. Little by little I began to heal. I went forward and fell back a few times as life’s issues kept coming up and I didn’t see the correlation of anxiety, bad thoughts and pain. I started meditating each day. I gained control of the pain. I took my life back. I no longer take ANY medications. I even stopped taking pills for acid reflux disease that I had been labeled with 20 years ago as a young professional. Doctors rarely look into our lives and what’s going on in our minds- psychological issues like worry about a new career, marriage, failure, etc. They set us on a course of body only and completely miss the true root of the problem.
    I am 100% free of pain and healed of all issues for quite a while now. If I would have stayed in the medical community and kept looking for the “right prescription”, I would still be suffering and getting worse. I’m very fortunate to have learned about TMS and read stories like yours. My wife is now even becoming a mind-body coach to help others heal. Thank you so much. Keep spreading the word everyone.
    Billy

jimmylaw9, tgirl, Shakermaker and 2 others like this.
  20. balto

That is so wonderful for you. And is great that your wife is a mind body coach. Post like this really motivate and make people like me feel good and want to keep spreading the word. Thank you for your kind words Billy.