1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

healed for 10+ years

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by balto, Jan 19, 2014.

1. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

tb_player and tgirl like this.
  2. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Balto just read through your thread today and it’s truly inspiring. I realise you have healed n I totally get the message about Fear being the no 1 issue.
    If it wasn’t for your post or others like baseball etc I would not have believed 100 per cent in a cure so please please keep posting wisdom as you have no idea how much you are helping others including me.
    When I get to that place myself I affirm I will defo check in often to repay those others.

3. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Christ that video certainly got my emotions going and my ass kicked today Balto fkn brilliant

4. Jeather

Jeather Peer Supporter

This might be against the classic advice, but I found that obsessive fear thoughts about pain are easier to deal with by NOT fighting them. Not trying to think positive. Because I felt like, "They say I shouldn't monitor the pain, but I'm doing it right now," only made it worse. Positive thinking made me feel deep inside that I was faking it in a way that wasn't helpful. So I stopped trying to control my thoughts in the same way I stopped trying to control the pain. Surrender to it. Let it be. When I find myself monitoring and thinking and fearing, I say, "Here I am doing it again. Yep. That's what I'm doing. Fine think about it. Don't stop thinking about it!" And then go on doing as best I can what I would be doing anyway. This might not be the best way to deal with it, but it is a way. It can help to loosen the grip it has on you. It has helped me.

5. ellebelle

ellebelle Newcomer

This is so amazing and awesome. Thank you so much!