1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How can I ‘get on with life’ while I’m in pain and weak?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana-M, Jun 5, 2024.

1. Booble

Booble Beloved Grand Eagle

I love that he has learned to cook!
    I was spending alot of time out of town for a few years prior to COVID. I'd be gone for 3-5 weeks at a time. Husband had to take care of himself in regard to cooking. It was good for him! He didn't get into like your husband did (darnit!) but he would manage to make some meals with instructions I gave him.
    He'd make a giant thing of spaghetti meat sauce and then eat it all week long.
    It definitely was good for both of us to learn how to spend some time away from each other since we've been like Siamese Twins.

Diana-M likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

OK, I'm going to make an unconventional suggestion. Be silly and have fun with your props or assistive devices. Paint that scooter a bright color, add streamers, a silly horn, and crazy lights. Wear a clown wig and big red nose and go up and down the boardwalk having the time of your life. I bet people will smile at you big and stop to talk. You will be having too much fun to think about your pain, weakness or past trauma. Get your husband on board and let him have fun with it too.

There is actually some method to my mad suggestion. You will be throwing your brain a complete curve ball that will keep it from sliding into its established grooves. It will not know what the hell is going on and will be forced to find a new way. The fun and silliness will serve as a distraction, so you won't need the distraction of TMS.

Bonus points if you film this and share it with us! dancea

backhand and Diana-M like this.
  3. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Great idea! Thanks, @Booble! I have looked into it a little. But it can’t hurt to explore some more. I heard in a Nichole Sachs podcast that you often have to visit topics of anger many many times.

4. Diana-M

Awesome idea! I like this!

5. Booble

OMG I repeat the same dang stuff over and over....and each time it alleviates one thing or another.
    My little self needs to get out it's frustrating and anger and temper tantrums multiple times.

Diana-M likes this.
  6. Diana-M

Everyone who helped me in this one, thank you!!! Last night I took it all to heart and I tried walking around my living room using only one hand on the rollator, with it at my side. I wouldn’t have tried this without your tough love. It made me realize that even though I’m doing all this TMS work, I really AM thinking something’s wrong with my legs. So now I have to change that. I caught a glimpse last night. I also began some more journaling on my legs. What’s this all about. I found out an even bigger layer—even more about my history. (I’ll spare it for this discussion). It was BIG. I’m getting somewhere. And I love you guys for it!

Booble likes this.
  7. Diana-M

Haunting me!

8. Booble

Fantastic!
    You are in charge of your legs not your scared girlie inside. Compassion for her but taking charge yourself.
    Well done!

Diana-M likes this.
  9. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful! Keep picturing it all as layers of the onion!

Diana-M likes this.