1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

IMPLICATIONS OF TMS/MINDBODY TREATMENT FOR PAIN

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), May 13, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

This short video sums up Dr. Sarno's TMS philosophy that physical pain may very well be caused
    by repressed emotions and/or our personality.

Dr. Schechter asked Dr. Arthur Smith, of the Sullivan Medical Institute, to speak about Mindbody healing. His video is very short but succinct about TMS. Smith said more awareness of feeling our emotions can lead to healing both physical and psychological pain.

I wanted to learn more about Dr. Smith and his background, and also the Sullivan Medical Institute, but a google search came up with nothing.

There was a commercial preceding the video in which pro golfer Phil Mickelson encourages people with rheumatism or back pain to do what he says he did, take the drug Embrel. I've seen those commercials on television and they make me sick. They come with warnings not to take the drug if you are prone to infections and other cautions that say taking it could even cause heart failure. I consider this an incredibly irresponsible commercial and the drug sounds very dangerous to take. I used to like Nickelson, despite his lousy putting, but now I can't watch the guy when he plays in tournaments because I think he did the commercial just for money. As if he needs more.

Fortunately, the Embrel commercial does not now appear in the above link.