1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Inner criticism = danger to your brain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana-M, May 6, 2024.

1. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Everyone has different experiences. Ankle pain is one of my symptoms. I immediately tell myself “tms” when it tries. “Old news! I don’t fall for this shit. What’s the problem and who am I mad at or feeling guilty about?, feel it! Lay it on me!” it is usually gone in minutes to at most an hour. I remind myself it’s fine and normal to have those emotions and I am fine to experience them.
    But that’s way too self confrontational for some people and might come with self- judgement.

This is why many coaches and therapists suggest using a mindset of curiosity and creativity! Whatever works!

Diana-M and BloodMoon like this.
  2. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Wow! That’s quite a story, @BloodMoon. So strange how your random symptoms just appeared and disappeared. Normal disease doesn’t work that way. You have so much living proof that TMS exists. Imagine if you didn’t know all the things about TMS that you know.

Have you ever read The Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich? He has one story to tell. He had fibromyalgia and other things. New symptoms showed up and they moved around. I’ve never heard of a TMS brain putting up a harder fight. I don’t know what kept Steve holding on through that fight, but he finally won. It is so inspiring. I think I’ll reread it!!He also didn’t win overnight. And he didn’t get therapy or journal. He just dukes it out with sheer will.

BloodMoon likes this.
  3. Diana-M

@Cactusflower, That’s great you can a stop it in its tracks now! @Baseball65 describes the same thing. He gets down to it and busts the reason why and banishes the pain. I’ve heard a Nichole Sachs podcast where she describes this working for her too, with her famous journalspeak.

I just wonder if it has been around awhile —this time 3 years—if it settles in for longer and digs deeper. Either way, I know this is TMS and I’m going to beat it!

4. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, I've got it on my Kindle. His story terrified me though - all that running and playing golf he did whilst in extreme pain as part of his journey to recovery! I understand though that he now doesn't recommend that anyone approach things in such a gung ho way. He's also written imo a good summary of Dr Sarno's recommendations https://www.amazon.com/Dr-John-Sarn...25osk9xjOUxMDEFo5y5fvSA&qid=1717183179&sr=8-4

5. Diana-M

Oh! Thanks for the summary! Yes, he did brave a lot of things I think I couldn’t.

BloodMoon likes this.