1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Insomnia how to deal with

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by tyczka73, Oct 24, 2020.

1. tyczka73

tyczka73 Newcomer

Hi.
    I am journaling now and feelings of anxiety and insomnia arise dramatically. Anxiety and strong fear and insomnia are very painful. And started to fear cycle, what can I do if I don’t sleep - this is dangerous for my health and fear arise and insomnia increase of course. I have PTSD syndrome and fear about that I cannot deal with so strong feelings. Strong pain became replaced with strong fear and anxiety. Had someone such symptoms.

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

The book that helped me the most with insomnia is Dr. Claire Weekes "Hope and Help For Your Nerves". It's the absolute best book on anxiety ever written imo. Another thing I heard about is "paradoxical intent". Viktor Frankle described the victims in concentration camps...when they tried to stay awake they would fall asleep. The more you "try"to fall asleep, th more you stay awake. Bedtime has become a trigger for fear so you will need to start reducing your fear around going to bed and sleep. Tell yourself you are safe and you are in your bed and then tell your brain that you promise you will address it's concerns in the morning but right now you are going to sleep.

fridaynotes likes this.
  3. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Yeah, they're very painful.

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle