1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Insomnia, nerve pain and bfs - how have you dealt with this?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Erik1971, May 17, 2019.

1. Erik1971

Erik1971 New Member

Hi,

Not posted here for a while but it seems my TMS has come back with a vengeance so love to reach out to members who are dealing with similar symptoms. Muscle cramps/ twitches or benign fasciculation syndrome, combined with nerve pain and trouble staying asleep. Had this for more than 5 years but it actually had calmed down until this year. Not being able to sleep in combination with the muscle pains and cramps is seriously impacting my work and family life. I am continuing my gym routine and trying to pick up meditation again but would love your advice especially from members dealing with similar TMS symptoms.

Thanks!

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Look for what has happened in your life that may of triggered the symptoms - there will be something - either work, family, relationships.... something has upset your equilibrium and your body is reacting to cover up the stress - find the trigger - deal with the situation and you WILL heal again...

Erik1971 likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Sigh, I'm sorry to hear this Erik. I feel like there's an epidemic of relapses amongst us "old hands" and certainly an alarming new epidemic of very serious symptoms in young people. I think it's a sign of the times.

Meditation and journaling are my go-to resources. I've also been listening to podcasts: recently Nicole Sachs and Eddie Lindenstein.

Erik1971 likes this.
  4. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

Dealing with similar symptoms a dr. Told me it was polyneuropathy but i think it is bfs. Bfs is most likely tms in another form. I find i do much better when my focus is away from the symptoms. I have pain, fasiculations and numbness in both feet. I have started running again and my symptoms seem to improve when running. So probably tms. Meditation is great as I am just starting to try it. Accept its tms and move on with life and youll do geat.

Erik1971 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

I just came across this because I'm an old-hand at TMS, having suffered and subsequently healed from a lot of mind/body disorders but recently I've been suffering from what feels like night nerve pain in my lower arms/hands and lower legs/feet and of course it's keeping me up ALL night and has me worried. the doctors have checked it out and they say I'm fine, so I'm ALL IN that it's TMS but it doesn't seem to be getting better. So, I am going to begin psychotherapy because something deep is going on here. We'll see. How are you doing now?

6. Erik1971

Erik1971 New Member

Hi Fridaynotes, I am actually doing much better. Twitching and nerve pain have almost completely disappeared. Not sure what I did but I think no longer being obsessed by the symptoms and just living my life was the biggest help. My brain just moved on to other things.

7. Mr Hip Guy

Mr Hip Guy Well known member

Wow, I hear you - that can be hard to do when we're in the throes of battle with this thing. Probably why TMS is such an effective "distraction."

8. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

glad to hear you’re feeling better! i’m still on the road to recovery… i still have the strangest tingling, numbness and odd feelings/twitching that come and go, traveling through the limbs. so weird… and i’ve been journaling and meditating and seeing an analyst. we shall see where it’s all leading… but having experienced and healed from various other TMS symptoms, i know i can get through this episode, it’s just taking a lot longer than it has in the past. i think with the stressful health crisis state of the world, TMS is finding a lot of
    new, insidious ways to create the symptom imperative.