1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is COMPLETE recovery possible?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by indecisiveman, Nov 28, 2021.

1. indecisiveman

indecisiveman New Member

So I appear to be dealing with CPPS/Hard Flaccid or some combination between the two. I can tell my pelvic muscles are ungodly tight because I have tingling, pinching, burning, upset nerves feeling in my groin often. And I know this is a Mind-Body thing because I've made progress, and progress is proof. And all my tests and medical things are NEGATIVE. Nothing I can do more on that end.

So, I fell off the horse again. I've been at it for 9 months. I'm sitting on a hot-bed of anxiety because when if I calm myself down to a point where I stop feeling symptoms, I start getting TREMENDOUS anxiety, so intense that I can barely focus.

I'm afraid, honestly. I'm afraid that I'll never get better. And I keep scaring myself because I read stuff about people saying they feel a twinge every now and then. And for some reason the thought of that scares me. I just don't want to be dealing with this for the entire rest of my life, and I know that I'm catastrophizing by saying that but I just want to know that my normal state of being before this all happened is possible.

Just having a lot of trouble going about this. I've accepted nothing is wrong with my body, just having trouble implementing the techniques for making it past this. I really want to know that a healthy life is possible again. I do get fasciculations in my pelvis when I start working on my mental health, and I literally feel myself releasing anxiety when I laugh or do something positive.... just hard understanding that THIS is what it is. I know there's a rational part of my brain that knows what's REALLY going on... just hard accepting it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021