1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is it a flare up or relapse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by untangledweb, Sep 2, 2018.

1. untangledweb

untangledweb Peer Supporter

I went to yoga about a week ago, for the first time in a month. I really should’ve relaxed and backed off, but I didn’t. The next day I woke up with a migraine and some of the worst pain I’ve had in a long time. I knew I’d overextended my neck, by doing about a bajillion planks and down dogs. I didn’t have any problem while doing them, but I knew I was doing too many. It was about four days after that when I was able to go back to yoga after seeing my acupuncturist. I know we’re not supposed to feed into the pain anddiscomfort and actually seek treatment for it, because we know it’s in her head. But I have little choice in the matter.
    I had been feeling pretty well and evenwas able to decrease my Lyrica, but ofweird emotional flyer has kind of gottenme for the last couple weeks. I’m evenhaving a lot of problems with my phone, which sucks, because I do reflexology andyoga. I’m probably having feelings, or issues with my right hand, because an oldboyfriend and still a very good friend hasfound a new love. He was always kind ofmy “right hand man”.
    This adventure we call life...ugh

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Peer Supporter

I've noticed that when a yoga class has lots of hip openers or after I garden (and squat a lot), my limp gets much worse. It's not something I'm imagining, it certainly wasn't the first time it happened. It feels as if the bones in my pelvic/lower back region are connected too loosely, and I can't walk properly, because I literally can't hold myself together. It usually gets better after 15 minutes or so, but it's a scary feeling, and I really look like there's something neurologically wrong with me. And there isn't, or it wouldn't subside.

Actually, that's not quite correct. It feels like some parts are too loose AND some are too tight at the same time. It's as if the looseness in one part causes tension in some other part, so that I don't fall apart. Like some parts are holding on for life desperately .

untangledweb likes this.
  3. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Maybe it's about pacing yourself better like not pushing too hard. Maybe get checked out for musculoskeletal issues?