1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Light sensitivity and vision problems

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by readytoheal, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

I had blurry vision after my Mother passed. I went to the eye Doctor who said it was a Ocular Migraine from stress. It comes on whenever i put stress on myself which is all the time.

Shakermaker and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

I have had your exact symptoms @readytoheal two years ago! I even had nystagmus for a bit. I was told to have an MRI of my brain and some white matter hypersensitivities came up and I was scared to death that I would develop MS and the MRI notes said that that was a very slight possibility. The nystagmus eventually went away (a dr had originally diagnosed it as labyrinthitis). Yet, I continued for months with the floaters, phosphenes (flashes of light), halos, and light sensitivity. I eventually had the fortune of seeing a neurologist that specializes in MS and he basically said there was no way I was developing MS. He said it was all stress and anxiety. What a huge relief!
    Although, I continued having the symptoms for a few more months until I stopped focusing or caring about the symptoms and they basically went away. From time to time I get the flashes of light which is when I'm more anxious or more stressed (which is still often since I'm working on my own TMS recovery of other TMS symptoms).

I wish you the best in your recovery!

JanAtheCPA likes this.