1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Love life without pain!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by nowtimecoach, Aug 18, 2014.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi everyone!
    I just finished up with a two week residency program of my meditation school. I graduated and can feel the pleasure of accomplishment. Last year when I went to the residency, I was in pain for most of it - didn't go to the parties at night because of the pain, didn't sit with my classmates for chatting in between classes because of pain.... AND this year it was not the case!!
    The first two days I was triggered and in the crazy pain, even though intellectually I was fine with the whole idea of being with my classmates and the finishing of the school. I kept telling myself, that it was okay to relax. I despaired and worried that this would last for a little bit but put on my TMS Recovery Hat and let go of those voices. I listened more to the voice that this would pass - that perhaps this was an extinction burst. And sure enough on the 3rd day - I was fine. I enjoyed all the activities that others were participating because there was nothing physically grabbing my attention. HURRAY!!!
    I even did my graduation presentation in front of 100 people without any pain! I think meditating for 4 to 5 hours a day helped me also;).
    I am eternally grateful to this community and to all the people who have written their books for helping me turn all this around to the point I'm at today. Will the TMS come back? Ummm maybe... but maybe not. I'm just going to stay in the day and keep on with TMS recovery work - which to me, these days, means staying aware of stressors, pressures and my personality traits... And of course, supporting all those who support me. Lots of love to you all!
    NowTime Coach (Molly)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Nowtimecoach. This is so wonderful and inspiring.

Herbie posted a new video he made about TMS.
    You probably don't need it, but thought you'd like to see it
    and pass it along to anyone you know who might benefit from it.

http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/introduction.5487/

3. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

That’s fantastic news Molly, thanks for sharing! Stories like these give me a real boost. The ‘anniversary’ conditioning was doing its best to distract you, but you dug deep with your TMS hat on so WELL DONE! I would love to do a retreat like this. Wow four hours of meditation a day – that sounds like heaven!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

Dear Molly and others, I am reading your stories for a few weeks now: I WANT THIS TOO!!! how do you all do this??? Molly, did you have back pain?
    (this is my first post)
    Dieuke (dutch)

5. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

Ok, this was an outburst. Your stories give me hope and make me crazy at the same time. My live has been taken over by pain and limitations and fear for gettng worse and I hate that so much.

6. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

Molly thank you, I have seen your face so often, you did it.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Dieuke. Molly will reply to you soon, I'm sure.
    She is a terrific role model for TMS healing.

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

That's awesome Molly, the meditation for 4 hours is incredible. I'd say that is a major tool in helping anyone that wants to heal, heal, and the way you said keeping your mind on all your current stressors and pressures plus your personality traits are so important. It works, you did it, Awesome, I'll be in touch with you soon my friend, simply awesome.

9. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

I saw your movie and read collies complete story. I think I am getting wat's it all about.

10. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I really like the idea of going to meditation school, Molly. When I first started going to a meditation class last year I had to dope myself up before leaving home, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to last through the session. By the end of the term I was much more relaxed and didn't need to take any meds before class.

I also have to share that when I first read the title of your thread, I thought you were going to tell us about your 'love life' and give us some good tips!

I'll just get my coat and leave by the back door. :shame:

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

A meditation class sounds wonderful. Four hours of meditation could put me to sleep.
    Except that my mind wanders.

12. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

Okay, I jump, my recovery story starts here: trying to let the fear go and the negative thougts and start meditating now. And then the rest.

13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Remember the nursery rhyme: "Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?"
    That's all fear is. Worrying that the wolf will get us. But if we don't fear him, he lets us alone.

Too simplistic? I find that I can drive away fear by living in the moment with distractions.
    I do something that cheers me up. Then there's no place for fear to go except out of me.

14. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

thank you

15. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you Dieuke, I am making more to go with the first one and they will all be a different angle to attack the tms with, Tools I should say that will help you piece together your journey, bless you. Welcome aboard - :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  16. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

Thank you,
    tonight I woke up and realised what my biggest problem is: I don't know whether my pain is due to irritated muscles or due to TMS. I am very afraid of damaging my muscles more and more (arms and leg and buttock muscles). The pain in itself is not the biggest issue. How to know what it is.

17. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Molly - Your post has me smiling ear to ear. Good on you!!! Your story inspires me.

Sending you love and hugs...

18. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Oh its been so long since I've visited all of you wonderful people - the healed and the healing folks. My life is forever changed as a result of this forum, the books that were suggested, read and discussed and the opportunities to receive support from so many people on the TMS recovery path.

Am I 100% recovered? Not quite but when I have a flare up, its usually been a situation or circumstance that is extremely stressful. Usually a feeling of being trapped and out of control. It depends upon my acceptance of what is and a surrender to self-care that predicates how long the flare up will last. I've had a few instances in the last 2 months as my partner and I decided to sell her house and move to Tucson.

So many changes, deadlines, pressure and lots of "I don't know!" brought up a few bouts. But they rarely last more than a day or two. And because I practiced what everyone suggests on this forum, I always knew what to do and I didn't ruminate or worry that it was going to last long.

I am so eternally grateful to all of you. I am grateful to everyone who has written a book that gives us the solution, the hope and hammers in the fact that we have control over TMS. To all of you in pain today, I promise that you will get better if you keep accepting the psychological component to all of this. I remind myself if I have a flare up that I'm vulnerable to old habits. That vulnerability leaves me open for my brain to pop up its old directive to send pain to my back. Its just an old outdated mechanism of protection that still does not serve me very well.

I hope you read this as a message of hope. Never stop believing that you are going get better! Stay close to the wonderful people on this forum. Read the books. Do the work and you'll be rewarded with a pain free life. For me, I got the bigger bonus of a greater self-awareness, of patterns that I was blind to and a sense of empowerment. All this because of TMS. So it ended up being a gift. Of course, I would NOT be able to say this so cavalierly if I was still in pain 24/7!!!;)beerbuds

19. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Congratulations to you! Such a pleasure to read your story and good news! Of course, I can also relate to many of the feelings you shared. Hope the move has gone well! Sunny

Laudisco and nowtimecoach like this.
  20. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Nowtimecoach. Really good to see your post. You are so inspiring to everyone who is still working on TMS healing. I
    I'm pain-free too. I am going to save your post and share it with others if they are doubting in TMS.

Have a wonderful weekend!